'Bachelorette' star Chad Johnson hospitalised after authorities feared he 'could be a threat to himself'
This comes after the actor shared two disturbing posts on social media
Chad Johnson of 'The Bachelorette' fame has been hospitalized following suicide threat after the actor reportedly shared two disturbing videos on his Instagram post in the early hours of Saturday that led to his fans panicking.
On Saturday, the police responded to a call and conducted a welfare check on the 32-year-old actor, his second in two days. The authorities then took him to the hospital fearing that he 'could be a danger to himself'.
Asked about the reports, an LAPD spokesperson told E! News that they received a call about a man threatening suicide in his apartment in Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley at 10 am and that he was taken to a local hospital for a medical emergency. Johnson is said to have had no injuries.
Just earlier that day, Johnson had shared two videos on his Instagram story. One showed him sitting at a table and playing Billy Joel's 'Piano Man', with the rope he had showed on Friday. In another clip, he seems to be telling someone, 'I have no choice'. These videos no longer exist on his feed.
The police had conducted a welfare check on Friday morning after Johnson had shared a photo of a rope on his Instagram story. He had captioned it as, "It will be okay." TMZ had quoted law enforcement sources as saying that cops determined that "he was not a threat to himself or others." His friend had called 911 after seeing the photo, and alerted the authorities.
Just a few days ago, Johnson was arrested for allegedly being physically abusive with his former girlfriend Annalise Mishler. Cops say that they found visible red marks on her face, and booked him for felony, domestic violence, and robbery. Annalise had posted a video of a confrontation with Johnson after he allegedly punched a hole in her wall. However, he firmly maintains that he had never laid a hand on her, and that he was "100% confident any type of domestic abuse charges are gonna be dropped."
Johnson posted a video apology on Instagram, attributing the allegations to his lack of sobriety. "I made a promise to myself and my girlfriend that I wouldn't [drink] anymore, and as most of you know, that has been an issue in my life. Whenever I do drink, I don't act right," he said.
He added, "I have never laid hands on a woman any time in my entire life. I was in the Marine Corps and was taught core values. I have a sister. I am a very overprotective brother. If she ever felt in danger, I would want her to call. If any women out there ever feels like they are in any danger, I urge you to call 911."