Do you want to star in 'Sex Education' Season 3? Netflix is looking for extras and here's how you can apply

Sex Education's casting company Mad Dog Productions is looking for people aged between 18 and 26 to appear in the next season
PUBLISHED AUG 14, 2020
'Sex Education' (IMDb)
'Sex Education' (IMDb)

Do you want to be a Netflix Star? Well, your wish can come true, as the streaming giant is looking to hire people to star in 'Sex Education' Season 3. Sex Education's casting company Mad Dog Productions is looking for people aged between 18 and 26 to appear in the next season, with filming scheduled for September on location in Newport, Cardiff and surrounding areas. Instructing on how to apply, Mad Dog wrote: "To be considered for the new series please sign up via the Mad Dog 2020 Extras app if you have not already done so," and  "Ensure you upload your right to work documents and recent photos to your gallery. You cannot apply for specific roles on the app – we will review your profile in the coming weeks and if you are suitable we will be in touch to check your availability – please wait to hear from us!" they added. They also said, "Due to the production’s requirements, we will be considering those based close to the shoot locations."

According to Deadline, Sony Pictures Television has said that work is underway preparing for Season 3, with producers hoping to start filming with safety protocols in place. Asa Butterfield (Otis Milburn) added that it was going to happen as soon as possible but does not know how it will work in the wake of the Covid-19 restrictions which could have seen them adhering to different Welsh and English regulations if they had tried shooting it earlier in the year. In this June interview, he also revealed that the production is lagging behind for months, "We should be in sunny Wales right now. It’s a shame, but this whole situation is pretty mad. It’s been a lot of holding your breath to see what happens. I have a feeling this is going to go on for a while — I don’t know when we’re going to go back and start shooting." 

According to Digital Spy, the third season of the hit show will probably kick off with Otis thinking that Maeve wants nothing to do with him after his outburst at the house party. And given how socially awkward he is, we doubt he'll be brave enough to ask her what's going on, certainly not for the first couple of episodes at least.

The production on the Netflix original was halted due to the Covid-19 pandemic but reports suggest that the filming of the show will commence next month. The film's original filming was due in May but the plans were put on ice after Wales went into lockdown. Even though the producers and showmakers have not told much about the release date of the show, but speculations are rife that the show will air somewhere in January 2021.

RELATED TOPICS NETFLIX NEWS

GET THE BIGGEST ENTERTAINMENT STORIES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

While 'Tell Me Lies' Season 3 ended with some bombshell revelations, it still left several major questions unanswered
1 hour ago
'One Chicago' shows will be on hiatus until the end of February for the Winter Olympics coverage but 'Chicago PD' has a surprise planned for fans.
16 hours ago
Episode 5 of ‘A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms’ features some exciting Easter eggs that will remind you of 'Game of Thrones'
16 hours ago
‘The Simpsons’ marks a historic milestone by airing its 800th episode as part of a special double bill, highlighting its enduring legacy.
17 hours ago
'A Knight of Seven Kingdoms' Episode 6 preview suggests growing tension between Dunk and Egg after the Trial of Seven.
18 hours ago
Glen Powell teases bold ‘Texas Chain Saw Massacre’ plans as A24 revs up a chilling new chapter
19 hours ago
'Tell Me Lies' Season 3 Finale features secrets spilled, friendships fractured, past mistakes resurface, and here's what exactly happened.
19 hours ago
Janice Dickinson skips the ‘Reality Check: Inside America’s Next Top Model,’ but her shadow looms large over Netflix’s documentary series.
19 hours ago
A vanished husband, a fragile deal, and a new chapter loom as ‘The Last Thing He Told Me’ returns in 2026, however, one without one fan-favourite.
20 hours ago
'A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms', created by Ira Parker, has gained popularity quickly as a 'Game of Thrones' prequel show, with Season 1 coming to a close.
22 hours ago