Five things you can't miss on Day 1 of SDCC this year
Starting Thursday, the 2018 SDCC International will continue through the weekend. Make the most of this extravaganza with Meaww's guide for day one
The annual SDCC 2018 will kick off in a matter of a few hours and, going by the line-up for Day 1, it seems attendees will have a jam-packed schedule. Beginning with Thursday's events, the 2018 SDCC International: San Diego will continue through the weekend with the big closing acts slated for Sunday, July 21. There will be a ton of trailer drops, previews, and panel discussions. Make the most of this extravaganza with Meaww's guide for SDCC - Day 1.
1. The official first day of SDCC will get underway with a preview of director Shane Black's upcoming reboot 'Predator' at the prime SDCC spot that is the Hall H from 10.30 am onwards. Considering the buzz the movie has generated over the past few months, this sci-fi thriller from 20th Century Fox is, of course, going to be at the top of every attendee's list and, hence, we advise you to bookmark this on your itinerary.
2. Next up on the list is a 10-year anniversary celebration for 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' at Room 6BCF from 11.45 am. And the anniversary celebration just doesn't end with the events from the galaxy far, far away, as AMC's critically acclaimed series 'Breaking Bad' takes occupies Hall H later on for a reunion that fans have been waiting for years. The two-hour back-to-back panel at Hall H from 3.30 to 5.30 pm will also include a debut of the cast members of 'Breaking Bad' spinoff 'Better Call Saul'.
3. Also, sci-fi fans need to keep an eye out for the 'Doctor Who' panel at Hall H from 11.45 am featuring series newcomer Jodie Whittaker who will be fielding questions. With the first female doctor in the beloved time-traveling series, the Doctor Who panel is sure to be a headline-grabber.
4. If Jake Peralta and Ray Holt are the ones you are looking forward to, then you wouldn't want to miss the 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ panel at the Indigo Ballroom from 7 to 8 pm. Cast members Andy Samberg, Stephanie Beatriz, Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, Joe Lo Truglio, Chelsea Peretti, Dirk Blocker, and Joel McKinnon Miller will all be present for the anticipated discussion.
5. Instead of the movie division, Marvel TV is headed to SDCC this year and the discussion begins with Netflix's 'Iron Fist'. Lead star Finn Jones along with Marvel’s head of television Jeph Loeb is scheduled to attend the panel and will tell us what is next in store for fans in the upcoming season 2.