Sick trolls mock Jada Pinkett Smith for weeping with mom whose daughter, 12, with alopecia killed herself
'Jada needs to grow up and stop crying like a baby, almost everybody has issues bigger than hers in their lives,' said a user
The Internet has not taken kindly to Jada Pinkett Smith's recent alleged stunt. During the Red Table Talk, guest Niki Ball revealed that her 12-year-old daughter, suffering from alopecia, died by suicide after being bullied over hair loss. Niki shared the heartbreaking story of her young daughter on a new episode of Red Table Talk which will air on Wednesday. She explained that her daughter Rio started losing an enormous amount of hair and was subsequently diagnosed with alopecia areata. This is an autoimmune disorder that results in patchy and unpredicted hair loss.
In an emotionally heavy conversation, Niki told Jada, "With the hair loss, she was so strong. She just rocked it even when it was still falling out, and she just had these big bald patches. Tried the creams. They made her break out. Tried the injections. She took five of them in one day, but neither of them really did anything,' on the Red Table. She was joined by Jada Pinkett Smith, her mother Adrienne Banfield-Norris, and her daughter Willow Smith. The 50-year-old actress has previously been vocal about her struggle with alopecia herself.
Niki then remembered buying Rio a wig and how it made matters worse, "With school coming up, we got her that super cute wig, and she loved it, and she glowed then," the mom said. "But at school, within a couple of weeks, she was like, I don’t want to wear it anymore. There’s no point. She had it ripped off her head. She’d get smacked upside on the head walking down the hallway. And that was within the first two weeks, three weeks. It got really bad for her." Niki found her daughter hanging by her loft bed using a pair of jeans. Adding to the sorrowful experience, Jada said, "It was terrifying when it first started. I was in the shower one day, and then just handfuls of hair, just in my hands, and I was like, "'Oh my God, am I going bald?'"
Internet trolls Jada Pinkett Smith over alopecia & Red Table Talks
Jada's journey with alopecia has sparked some major controversies, beginning with Chris Rock making fun of her at the 2022 Oscars. Once again, the Internet was quick to troll her and call her out, while some people still stand in her defense. One Twitter user said, "Searched the world high and low till she found someone that would tell a story that made the Smiths look like they are right about everything." Another user got too blunt and compared her to Amber Heard, saying, "The problem for Jada is that 90% of the population will see straight through this rubbish. The other 10% are those who admit to standing with Amber Turd."
Searched the world high and low till she found someone that would tell a story that made the Smiths look like they are right about everything— StoptheBS (@DivaGissel) May 31, 2022
The problem for Jada is that 90% of the population will see straight through this rubbish. The other 10% are those who admit to standing with Amber Turd.— Sal (@salhypes) May 31, 2022
One user asked Jada to 'grow up' and said, "Jada needs to grow up and stop crying like a baby. Almost everybody has issues bigger than hers in their lives. She is not going to die because of Alopecia but there are terminal ill people who will, and they do not moan as much." Another user summed up his frustration with 'The Matrix' actresses and said, "And Jada is crying all the way to the bank."
Jada needs to grow up and stop crying like a baby. Almost everybody has issues bigger than hers in their lives. She is not going to die because of Alopecia but there are terminal ill people who will, and they do not moan as much.— Maishilla (@Maishilla) May 31, 2022
And Jada is crying all the way to the bank— Wayne Bennett (@WayneWbennett11) June 1, 2022
But not everyone dragged Jada because some people were moved by the story because after all, it's the bullying that took a life and some fans came running to support her. One user commented on Facebook, "Thank you dear Jada for another beautiful, compassionate episode." Another user wished well for the grieving mother and said, "Beautiful, strong mother! Speaking For Rio and other children facing alopecia or any form of bullying for the way they look. Teach your children empathy by example."
If you or someone you know is considering suicide, please contact the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).