Popstars Aly & AJ were 'caught in the crossfire' of Sacramento shooting that killed 6

After performing at the Crest Theatre in downtown Sacramento, the sisters claimed their tour bus was 'caught in the crossfire'


                            Popstars Aly & AJ were 'caught in the crossfire' of Sacramento shooting that killed 6
Aly & AJ tweeted about being caught in the crossfire of the Sacramento shooting (Photo by Twitter/Madison Wade and Cindy Ord/Getty Images for Monse)
ADVERTISEMENT

Former Disney stars and singing duo Aly Michalka and AJ Michalka rushed to Twitter on Sunday, April 3, to share their terrifying experience of being caught in the crossfire of the Sacramento mass shooting that left six people dead.

The duo said their tour bus was caught in the crossfire and they had no choice but to take cover as six individuals were killed as a result of the rapid gunfire. Authorities have announced they were looking for two suspects in connection with the mass shooting, where 12 people were also injured. Two of the victims have been identified so far, and detectives indicated at a news conference on Sunday that the reported delay in removing further remains was done to not lose any evidence.

ADVERTISEMENT

READ MORE

Young Dolph memorial shooting: Gunfire at cookie store leaves one injured

Who is the Washington Nationals Park shooter? Gunfire during live telecast injures 4

ADVERTISEMENT

The Michalka sisters' tweet read, "Distraught by the mass shooting last night outside the venue in Sacramento. All of our thoughts are with the families of those who lost their lives and those recovering today. We’re praying for the health care workers caring for them. We hope all our fans made it home safe."

ADVERTISEMENT



 

After performing at the Crest Theatre in downtown Sacramento, the sisters claimed their tour bus was "caught in the crossfire." They reported everyone in their touring party was fine after sheltering in place during the incident.

ADVERTISEMENT

On Saturday night, Tyler, the Creator also performed in the same area at the Golden 1 Center. The hip-hop artist's opening act, Kalis Uchis, tweeted about the shooting that occurred early Sunday morning. Uchis's tweet read, "Devastated by the mass shooting last night in Sacramento near the venue we performed at. Our deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their lives. We pray the injured recover quickly & that everyone at our show made it home safely."

ADVERTISEMENT



 

Crowds of people sprinting through the street with the sound of rapid gunfire in the background were captured on video and shared on social media. Witnesses claim to have heard up to 50 bullets from an automatic rifle. Authorities say they don't know if one or more suspects were involved, and they're asking members of the public for assistance.

ADVERTISEMENT



 

Up to this point, the families of two of the six victims have been recognised. Sergio Harris' death, at the age of 38, was verified by his family. Pamela Harris, his mother, arrived at the scene early Sunday morning to see if her son was a casualty.

ADVERTISEMENT

"My son was a very vivacious young man," Pamela remarked, "Fun to be around, liked to party, smiling all the time. Don't bother people. For this to happen is crazy. I'm just to the point right now, I don't know what to do. I don't even feel like this is real. I feel like this is a dream." Pamela had dinner with her son the night before, and Sergio's wife, Leticia Fields-Harris, spoke with KCRA 3 about her husband's death.

ADVERTISEMENT

DeVazia Turner, 29, was another confirmed victim. Frank, his father, told ABC10 that Turner lived in Vacaville before his death, but was originally from Sacramento.

ADVERTISEMENT