Is Vicente Fernandez dead? Truth behind music legend's death rumors after bad fall

Fernandez’s son Vicente Jr earlier said his father damaged his cervical vertebrae and has been put on sedation


                            Is Vicente Fernandez dead? Truth behind music legend's death rumors after bad fall
Singer Vicente Fernandez performs during rehearsals for the 3rd Annual Latin Grammy Awards at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, California (Photo by Vince Bucci/Getty Images)

After rumors of singer, actor and film producer Vicente "Chente" Fernandez Gomez's death started circulating on Twitter, fans of the Mexican talent started mourning their idol on Twitter, offering their prayers and condolences. However, as it turns out there is no truth to these rumors. 

A month back, we had reported that Fernandez was in critical condition after taking a fall at his ranch. Fernandez’s son Vicente Jr said his father damaged his cervical vertebrae and has been put on sedation. Even though none of the singer's family members confirmed his death, many of his fans started believing in the hoax that “Charro de Huentitán" had died as of late Friday, September 10. Some of the other celebrities who became victims of death hoaxes include Margaret Wheeler, Chris Pratt, Ash Kaashh and Josh Duggar

READ MORE

Is Drake fine? #RIPDrake trends as Internet slams rapper’s death hoax: 'Almost gave a heart attack'

Celebrity death hoaxes 2020: Ellen DeGeneres and Britney Spears to Jeff Bezos, sick rumors that shook the world

"They saying Vicente Fernandez died," one of them wrote, while another wrote, "Y’all :( I read that Vicente Fernandez family is disconnecting him tonight is this true?!?!" A third commented, "what do you mean Vicente Fernandez is dead." Another noted, "IM SO SAD, I never got to see Vicente Fernandez perform live." The next asked, "VICENTE FERNANDEZ PASSED AWAY ???" One more said, "Are the news about Vicente Fernandez true???"



 



 



 



 



 



 



 

Vicente Fernandez's son debunks rumors 

After the news of his death went viral on Twitter, the singer's son, Vicente Fernandez Jr, came forward and released a video warning fans not to get carried away by fake news circulating on social networks. He said ‘Don Chente’ was still stable in the intensive care area of ​​the Country 2000 hospital, and that he had not been infected with Covid-19, as speculated in some Mexican media.



 

The legendary singer had been admitted to a hospital in Guadalajara for more than a month after suffering a fall. His son also added that the singer’s progress is stationary with regard to his neurological condition and mobility. They specified that the 81-year-old's recovery will be very slow. According to AZ Central, the accident has affected the mobility in his limbs and has also impacted his respiration. 

Neurosurgeon Francisco López, who is treating the actor, said in a statement: “He is currently under treatment. We are waiting a response in the recovery of mobility and respiratory effort. At this moment, Mr. Vicente Fernández is stable, awake, with analgesia and sedation and receiving rehabilitation therapy.”

As soon as news of his death was debunked, angry fans told the internet to cut it out. “NO. NOPE. Please do not joke about King Vicente Fernandez being dead. Y’all out here trying to give me, my mother and grandmother heart attacks," one of them said, while another wrote, “Bro, Vicente Fernandez ain’t dead. Stop playing." A third commented, "Y’all need to stop posting RIP Vicente Fernandez cause I really fell for it." Another remarked, "Not the radio playing Vicente Fernández and talking about him as if he’s died STOP IT RIGHT NOW." A person reacted with, "Damn saw vicente Fernandez trending and got fooled again false alarm."



 



 



 



 



 

If you have an entertainment scoop or a story for us, please reach out to us on (323) 421-7515