'Final Destination Bloodlines' directors tapped to helm upcoming Paramount sci-fi flick

Per reports, the film is based on the forthcoming novel Traveler by Joseph Eckert
 Directors Adam B. Stein (L) and Zach Lipovsky seen at New Line Cinema's "Final Destination: Bloodlines" World Premiere at TCL Chinese Theatre on May 12, 2025 in Hollywood, California. (Cover image credit: Getty Images | Photo by Eric Charbonneau)
Directors Adam B. Stein (L) and Zach Lipovsky seen at New Line Cinema's "Final Destination: Bloodlines" World Premiere at TCL Chinese Theatre on May 12, 2025 in Hollywood, California. (Cover image credit: Getty Images | Photo by Eric Charbonneau)

'Final Destination Bloodlines' directors Zach Lipovsky and Adam Stein are in the final talks for their next project with Paramount Studios. The duo has been tapped to direct the next sci-fi thriller, 'The Traveler,' for the production giant.

At the time of writing, 'The Traveler's logline has been shrouded in mystery. Per Deadline, the film is based on the forthcoming novel Traveler by Joseph Eckert. The outlet added, "Sources described the project as an intimate family drama that exponentially develops into a vast science fiction odyssey."

"The novel explores the life of Scott Treder, a 47-year-old biology technician who begins experiencing involuntary jumps through time, and there’s been interest in mounting a feature adaptation for some time. An early version of the script, penned by Austin Everett, garnered significant industry attention a few years ago, making the Blood List, Hit List, and the Black List, with MGM looking to develop it back in 2019, as we were first to report."

Justin Rhodes penned the current draft. Adam Rosenberg will produce the film alongside Rodney Rothman. In their interview with the outlet, Lipovsky and Stein had previously expressed their excitement about working on the project.

“It’s very rare to read a script that you connect to so deeply," Lipovsky said. "And honestly, I’ve been emailing our agents every six months for six years being like, ‘What’s the latest with that project?' So the second it became available, we were in there the next day pitching our hearts out to be on that film. Because it was the one that got away six years ago.”

Earlier, the pair spoke about 'Bloodlines' and their objectives while making the horror feature. "We're huge fans of the other movies," Stein told Esquire. "There was this immense pressure of how do we make something original?" The duo won the opportunity to helm the franchise, beating out hundreds of other directors, by submitting an audition where they faked their own deaths. It showed off the passion they had for the project and their creativity. "It was a many year process of planning out the [opening] sequence."

At the time of writing, there is no official confirmation on when the movie will hit cinemas. With the cast yet to be finalized, it will be a minute before fans get to watch the sci-fi thriller on the big screen. Watch tis space for more updates on the upcoming film.

GET THE BIGGEST ENTERTAINMENT STORIES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

The lead stars took to X to officially reveal the title of the fifth installment in Disney's hit musical fantasy franchise.
4 hours ago
Sophie Thatcher descends into a neon-drenched nightmare in Nicolas Winding Refn’s latest haunting thriller of 'Her Private Hell.'
7 hours ago
‘The Wailing’ director’s next sci-fi epic with A-list Hollywood and Korean stars will be in the US theaters sooner than expected.
10 hours ago
Markiplier's self-funded post-apocalyptic movie, 'Iron Lung,' is now set to be exclusively available on YouTube.
13 hours ago
'In the Grey' opened to mixed reviews from critics, putting the focus on the possibility of a sequel
2 days ago
While critics panned it, John Travolta was awarded a special Palme d'Or at Cannes ahead of the world premiere of his directorial debut
2 days ago
Director Jeff Fowler shares a major ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 4’ update as fans begin discussing the movie’s next villain.
2 days ago
Amazon MGM Studios begins the search for the next 'James Bond' as speculation grows around several major Hollywood contenders.
3 days ago
Matt Reeves teases new additions to the ‘Batman: Part II’ cast as fans speculate Scarlett Johansson’s role may be related to Harvey Dent’s story
3 days ago
‘CoComelon’ heads to theaters on February 19, 2027, with a star-studded voice cast
3 days ago