Magazine that gushed over Meghan Markle slams King Charles's 'tantrums' amid Queen's death

The latest piece, titled 'King Charles's Reign of Fussiness Has Begun', has brought up allegations of racism against the monarch

Magazine that gushed over Meghan Markle slams King Charles's 'tantrums' amid Queen's death
The article said that reports claimed King Charles went threw two 'tantrums' in the days after his mother's death (Jane Barlow - WPA Pool/Getty Images)
ADVERTISEMENT

LONDON, UK: Liberal magazine 'The Cut', which had earlier published an in-depth interview with Meghan Markle, has now written a piece targeting King Charles. The latest piece, titled 'King Charles's Reign of Fussiness Has Begun', comes days after the Queen's death. The Queen died in Balmoral on Thursday, September 8, aged 96. 

ADVERTISEMENT

The article said that reports claimed Charles went through two "tantrums" in the days after the Queen died. One report claimed the King stormed out of a signing ceremony in Northern Ireland after a pen leaked on him. The other was when he "trussed up in tails and hissing at palace aides who failed to move a pen tray off his table with due haste."

ADVERTISEMENT

READ MORE

Prince Charles is now King Charles III, here's when he will wear the crown

New clip showing King Charles III furiously gesturing aides to clear desk goes viral

ADVERTISEMENT

The article mentioned a report from the Guardian that said Charles approached nearly 100 employees and told them he was letting them go as he was set to move into Buckingham Palace during a memorial service for the Queen. "Everybody is absolutely livid, including private secretaries and the senior team," a source told the publication. The article stresses on an unproven allegation Meghan made against Charles, that he was racist about her son Archie. It also accused him of "mundane cruelty" towards his deceased wife, Princess Diana.

ADVERTISEMENT

The magazine is known for publishing articles targeting the royal family. A Carnegie Mellon professor recently lashed out after the Queen's death, calling her a "representative of the cult of white womanhood" after she wished the monarch an "excruciatingly painful" death. In an interview with The Cut, 46-year-old Uju Anya said half of (her) family was slaughtered with guns and bombs "that this Queen sent to kill us." 

ADVERTISEMENT

In an earlier tweet, Anya wished the Queen a painful death. “I heard the chief monarch of a thieving raping genocidal empire is finally dying,” Anya said in the now-removed tweet. “May her pain be excruciating.” Defending her tweet, she has now said that she stands by what she said. "In my tweet, I did not wish her dead. I did not tell anyone to kill her. I said nothing except wishing her the pain in death that she caused for millions of people. There's not going to be any apology from me. I stand by what I said."

ADVERTISEMENT

"'Speak no ill of the dead' is a weapon that's leveled against the oppressed to silence them, to lionize oppressors, and to sanitize their history. What respect am I supposed to have for her, for her family? Oh, well, her family is mourning her. My family is mourning as well," she said.

The Cut also published a bombshell 6,000-word interview with Meghan Markle on August 29. Meghan, 41, met with the article's author, Allison P Davis, in her California home to share snippets from her life. In the article, titled 'Meghan of Montecito', Meghan revealed disapproval of the monarchy. Prince Harry and Meghan declared in March 2020 that they would "step back" from their positions as "senior members" of the Royal Family. The Duchess of Sussex expressed her happiness at leaving behind her life in the UK, and accused the royal family of "cruel treatment". 

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this article: Magazine that gushed over Meghan Markle slams King Charles's 'tantrums' amid Queen's death