'I can’t move': 'Frail' Queen seen in first appearance after Prince Andrew lawsuit settlement

According to reports, Queen Elizabeth II looked weak and admitted to having difficulty in moving during a meeting at Windsor Castle on Wednesday


                            'I can’t move': 'Frail' Queen seen in first appearance after Prince Andrew lawsuit settlement
The Queen said 'I can’t move' as she pointed towards her foot (Getty Images)
ADVERTISEMENT

In her first in-person appearance since Prince Andrew’s multimillion-dollar sexual assault lawsuit settlement, Queen Elizabeth II looked weak and admitted to having difficulty in moving. The 95-year-old empress was seen stiffly walking with a cane during a meeting with Defence Services Secretary Maj Gen Eldon Millar at Windsor Castle. “I can’t move,” the Queen told Millar as she pointed towards her foot.
 
In Wednesday's meeting held in the Oak Room, the Queen wore a dark green dress paired with pearls, smiling and talking to the military leaders present. Last week, the queen suffered from a Covid-scare and was monitored for possible exposure soon after Prince Charles, her eldest son, came down with the virus. The palace shared that she did not show any symptoms but did not comment on her test results.

ADVERTISEMENT

Queen Elizabeth II speaks with Rear Admiral James Macleod and Major General Eldon Millar (right) at Windsor Castle on February 16 (Photo by Steve Parsons-WPA Pool/Getty Images)

 

READ MORE

Prince Andrew SETTLES sex assault lawsuit with Virginia Roberts Giuffre

ADVERTISEMENT

Will Camilla REALLY become Queen? Here's what Queen Elizabeth II wants her title to be

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Andrew, Duke of York, speak at Buckingham Palace on June 9, 2014, in London, England (Getty Images)

ADVERTISEMENT

The meeting with the Defence Services Secretary Millar came after the defamed Duke of York settled the lawsuit with the victim Virginia Giuffre, apparently upon the Queen’s insistence. The two will now file a stipulation to dismiss the case within the next month, court papers filed by both parties suggest. An unsigned letter was submitted as an attachment to the settlement filing, which claimed that Andrew does not admit any wrongdoing but accepts the fact that Giuffre has suffered as an “established victim” of sexual abuse.
 
Although the settlement sum has not been publicly disclosed, a source told New York Post that the estimated total is $12 million. “Prince Andrew has never intended to malign Ms. Giuffre’s character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks,” the letter states. “It is known that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked countless young girls over many years. Prince Andrew regrets his association with Epstein, and commends the bravery of Ms. Giuffre and other survivors in standing up for themselves and others."

ADVERTISEMENT

The statement also claimed that Andrew will donate to Giuffre’s charity for sex crime victims. “He pledges to demonstrate his regret for his association with Epstein by supporting the fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims,” it said.

ADVERTISEMENT