Nicki Minaj's 4th studio album 'Queen' faces delay over Tracy Chapman sample

Apparently, Nicki Minaj's much-anticipated LP has a song featuring one of the 'greatest rappers of all time', including an uncleared sample by the iconic singer Tracy Chapman.


                            Nicki Minaj's 4th studio album 'Queen' faces delay over Tracy Chapman sample

Fans eagerly awaiting the release of Nicki Minaj's fourth studio album, 'Queen', should prepare themselves for some disappointment as the rapper is contemplating further delays. Initially scheduled for a June 15 release, the date for Queen's debut was earlier pushed back until August 10. However, it seems even that might change as the songstress is facing certain clearance issues. 

Apparently, Minaj's much-anticipated LP has a song featuring one of the "greatest rappers of all time", including an uncleared sample by the iconic American singer-songwriter, Tracy Chapman. And as a result of this, the Bang Bang hitmaker is now expecting further delays in the project. 

Thankfully for Minaj, she can always depend on her loyal fans for the right guidance. Posing her dilemma on Twitter earlier, the 35-year-old reportedly shared, "So there’s a record on #Queen that features 1of the greatest rappers of all time. Had no clue it sampled the legend #TracyChapman – do I keep my date & lose the record? Or do I lose the record & keep my date?”


 

😲🤦🏽‍♀️ ummmm no tf u 😒 bish whet is u d- breathe onika, breathe. 🤧

A post shared by Barbie® (@nickiminaj) on


Considering the anticipation surrounding the much-talked-about album, it only made sense that Minaj didn't dish much about the tracks on her LP or about the particular uncleared Chapman sample. Instead, the rapper resorted to social media itself, reaching out to the 'Fast Car' songstress for helping her out of the situation. 

"Tracy Chapman, can you please hit me. omg for the love of #Queen," she wrote. As it turns out, the posts have since been taken down with the only exception being a Twitter poll, in which Minaj has now urged her followers to help her decide whether to push back the album release or remove the track in question altogether.



So far, at least 52 percent of fans have voted in favor of "keep record/push date 1 week" while the remaining 48 percent leaned towards "keep date/lose record". If everything goes as per plan without any further delay, Minaj's "Queen" might drop as soon as August 10 - the latest revised date of release.