Jonathan Majors’ ex-GF Grace Jabbari granted full temporary restraining order amid domestic violence dispute
MANHATTAN, NEW YORK: A New York judge has given a full temporary order of protection to the alleged victim in a domestic violence incident involving Jonathan Majors, and the 'Creed III' actor is completely in support of the decision. On Thursday, April 27, the press secretary for the Manhattan District Attorney's Office announced to multiple media outlets that the order of protection was approved by the counsel for the defense. This comes after Majors' ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari, accused the actor of abusing her.
"Today a judge granted a Full Temporary Order of Protection for the victim, per the People’s request and with the consent of defense counsel. (At the time of arraignment, a Limited Temporary Order of Protection was granted.)," the Manhattan District Attorney's Office said in a statement to Variety. A full temporary order of protection prohibits any direct or indirect contact between the parties and is in place until the next court date.
'Ezra Miller gets a pass though': Elite talent agency drops Jonathan Majors three weeks after arrest
Jonathan Majors says ex-GF went to club after claiming he hit her amid domestic violence dispute
Why was Jonathan Majors arrested?
The 'Creed III' actor was arrested on March 25 in Chelsea after his ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari, 30, claimed he hit and strangled her. He was charged with strangling, assault, and harassment. According to the attorney Priya Chaudhry, Majors' driver states that the actor never touched his ex-girlfriend "in any way at any time, or even [raise] his voice" during their argument.
Instead, she said that the driver would testify to seeing the alleged victim "hitting, scratching, and attacking" Majors, who had requested that he stop the vehicle so that he could leave his ex's physical abuse. The hours-long video footage from the club might be used to prove that Jabbari's claims that her finger was fractured and her ear was torn were a "complete lie," stated Chaudhry as per Variety.
According to Chaudhry, Jabbari was allegedly seen drinking at the club after the altercation in the video, contradicting the assertion that the actor was to blame for her injuries. In court documents, Chaudhry stated that the lawyer also asserted that Jabbari contacted Majors, allegedly threatening to commit suicide, and accused him of infidelity, as per TMZ.
On Thursday, Chaudhry provided news outlets with a report from a trauma expert and board-certified emergency medicine physician who reportedly looked over Jabbari's images and recordings. Without hesitation, the doctor concluded that Jabbari did not suffer any injuries at the club and that Majors was not to blame for her later injuries. In fact, "the woman is lying," per the forensic medical expert's view, Chaudhry told The Post.
Jonathan Majors is dropped by elite talent agencies
Following the accusations and subsequent arrest, Majors was reportedly fired from his talent manager, Entertainment 360, earlier this month, as per Deadline. Majors and The Lede Company, who handled his PR, parted ways in March. According to reports, the actor and upscale clothing company Valentino "mutually agreed" that he would not attend the Met Gala in 2023.
At Majors' hearing the following month, the DA Alvin Bragg's team would present all of the charges against him for harassment and violence. According to sources, the only person that prosecutors currently want to mention at the hearing is the alleged victim.