Harry Styles and Camila Cabello postpone world tours due to coronavirus, urge fans to be understanding

Harry Styles has pushed the European leg of his upcoming world tour to early 2021, while Camila Cabello hasn't announced rescheduled tour dates as of now


                            Harry Styles and Camila Cabello postpone world tours due to coronavirus, urge fans to be understanding
Harry Styles and Camila Cabello (Getty Images)

In the wake of the recent worldwide coronavirus outbreak, many stars have been forced to cancel their ongoing global music tours, much to the disappointment of their fans. The latest music icons to announce they've hit the pause button on their touring schedules are Harry Styles and Camila Cabello. The former One Direction heartthrob Harry Styles was forced to cancel the European leg of his upcoming solo world tour, while the 'Senorita' seductress Camila Cabello said that she would have to postpone her entire world tour in light of the worsening COVID-19 pandemic. So far over 468,905 cases of coronavirus have been confirmed worldwide, and the situation is expected to get even bleaker, with many cities enforcing a complete lockdown on its citizens, in a bid to contain the rapidly-spreading virus. 

“Anyone who knows me knows that performing has always been my favorite part of working in music,” Styles revealed on Twitter while announcing the unfortunate changes to his European tour schedule. “However, during times like these, the safety and protection of touring crew, fans, and everyone else around the world is an immediate priority.” Styles has postponed his Europe dates to February and March of next year.

"For obvious reasons, the upcoming tour in the UK and Europe will be rescheduled to 2021. Tickets already purchased will be valid for these shows. In the meantime, we will be closely monitoring the situation around the world and will continue updating you in the months to come," the statement added.

Harry Styles attends Spotify Celebrates The Launch of Harry Styles' New Album With Private Listening Session For Fans on December 11, 2019 in Los Angeles, California. (Getty Images)

Although it's a long shot, resuming touring in 2021 certainly looks feasible and it should give the artiste ample time to assess the worldwide situation in the interim. The 'Fine Line' singer then signed off with a fervent plea to his global fanbase: "For the safety of yourself and others, please self-isolate. We’re all in this together. I can’t wait to see you out on the road as soon as it’s safe to do so. Until then, treat people with kindness."

 Meanwhile, Camila also revealed on social media that she had put her world tour on indefinite hold. "With all the news constantly coming out and so much that is really unknown, we’re also taking extreme precautions to protect ourselves, our team, our dancers, our band, our crew, and ultimately you guys,” said the disappointed artiste on her Instagram page. “I’m truly heartbroken to say that we’ve decided we need to postpone the tour.” She did not reveal rescheduled dates, however, so as it stands, everything's on ice.

Camila Cabello attends the 2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party hosted by Radhika Jones at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on February 24, 2019 in Beverly Hills, California. (Getty Images)

The 'Havana' singer admitted that carrying on with the tour would be "putting people at risk" and she felt that this was "the responsible thing to do." She did promise that she would be working on her music in the meantime, however, and signed off on a positive note: "Let's be compassionate and take care of ourselves and each other. When the danger passes, all this love that we are putting into the world will heal us."

Let's take that message to heart and stay indoors, where it's safe. We'll bring you more updates as they emerge.

If you have an entertainment scoop or a story for us, please reach out to us on (323) 421-7515