Harry and Meghan’s $14M California mansion saw TWO intruder scares in just 12 days in May
Police were alerted to two intruder scares at Harry and Meghan’s $14 million California mansion in the span of just 12 days in May. The alarms were triggered while the couple and their two children, three-year-old Archie and one-year-old Lilibet, were believed to be inside their Montecito home.
According to Santa Barbara Police records, a trespasser report prompted cops to rush to the couple's home on their wedding anniversary, May 19, at 5:44 pm. A second intruder alert came on May 31 at 3.21 pm as Harry and Meghan were preparing to catch a private jet to Britain for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
‘Gone and out of Harry’s hands’: Duke of Sussex’s BOMBSHELL memoir set for Christmas launch
Meghan Markle PRESSURED Prince Harry to compare her 'plight' to Princess Diana's, claims new book
These intruder alarms come as 37-year-old Harry recently won permission to sue the Home Office. Harry claimed that he feels that there is a lack of safety for him in the UK after his taxpayer-funded bodyguards were removed. Harry and Meghan renewed a lease on Frogmore Cottage as their UK home. Being inside the Queen’s Windsor estate, it is given 24-hour armed police protection.
The couple has employed ex-President Barack Obama’s former bodyguard Christopher Sanchez and Michael Jackson’s former security chief Alberto Alvarez in the US. As per police records, there were as many as six security alert calls in the past 14 months to their home in the US. Both the calls that took place in May were logged as “trespasser”, “property crimes” and “suspicious circumstances”. The second time, the police response came after the couple’s security team requested “documentation of a trespasser, who left”.
“Maybe Harry should concentrate more on the security in California rather than making complaints about his security in Britain," Royal expert Angela Levin, Harry’s biographer, said, according to The Sun. “After two intruder alerts in 12 days, surely he should be making the protection of his family in the US his priority."
In the past 14 months, cops have received four other calls from the property in the past 14 months. Officers were sent at 2:52 am after a call on April 9 last year, but were later told that “no assistance was needed”. The alarm was “mistakenly tripped” at 1:43 am on New Year’s Day this year, following which a squad car was sent. However, it is unclear if the family was home at the time.
At 10:41 am on April 8, cops who were called did not attend as the call “belonged to other agency”. Cops also did not attend on June 8 when there was a “miscellaneous dispatch” at 1:17 pm. These, however, are not the first incidents of trespassing at the Sussexes’ home. On Christmas eve back in 2020, a man trespassed and was later arrested.
Just last September, Harry launched legal action after his UK security was withdrawn. At the time, he called for a judicial review, which was recently allowed.