Danielle Shapiro: Woman who ate 32 sushi rolls at all-you-can-eat buffet hospitalized

Danielle Shapiro, 24, decided to get her $50's worth but ended up paying medical bills


                            Danielle Shapiro: Woman who ate 32 sushi rolls at all-you-can-eat buffet hospitalized
Danielle Shapiro shared her ordeal after binging on 32 sushi rolls on TikTok (@danielleshap/TikTok)

Danielle Shapiro, 24, walked into Sushi 85 restaurant in Mountain View, California, paid $50 for the all-you-can-eat buffet, and then proceeded to eat 32 whole sushi rolls because she was set on having her money's worth and loved to eat sushi. However, her big self-treat did not end in the best way for her.

Sushi, a dish that contains raw fish, got into her stomach's bad books pretty soon. Shortly after, Shapiro was rushed to a hospital with a severe stomach ache. Doctors diagnosed her with gastroesophageal reflux disease, commonly known as acid reflux. Shapiro then went on to TikTok on December 23 to share her experience after consuming a colossal amount of food that later left her with IVs in her arms. Shapiro said that she does not recommend consuming that much food in one sitting. “All you can eat sushi gone wrong…,” she captioned her snap.

READ MORE

'1000-lb Sister': Fans say Tammy is on 'borrowed time' due to her excessive partying

Two students hospitalised after teenage boy brings cocaine-filled balloons to school

 

Danielle Shapiro spoke about her ordeal on TikTok (TikTok)

 

“Our dinner was about two hours long because we were so stuffed that we had to keep taking breaks,” she says in her video. Shapiro started off with miso soup, four gyozas, and jalapeno poppers. She then went on to eat eight dragon rolls, eight snow rolls, eight California rolls, and eight wakame rolls. She also took a helping of edamame. “Immediately after dinner, we were so full we had to sit in my car for about 30 minutes before driving home. My stomach felt very firm from all the sushi and probably the rice that expanded in my stomach,” Shapiro said talking about what happened after the meal. 

She went to her partner’s house to try to sleep it off. “That night I went to sleep at my boyfriend’s house and I had the worst stomach ache but didn’t think much of it since I had a huge meal! I am not a morning person so when I woke up around 6 am the next day, I knew something was wrong,” she said. “My stomach and chest had intense pain and it was hard to take deep breaths,” she added. Her boyfriend and her grandmother reportedly drove her to the hospital, where she was diagnosed with acid reflux and given medication to alleviate her pain.