Brad Pitt will 'respond in court' to Angelina Jolie's allegations of 'choking' her and their children

Brad Pitt will 'respond in court' to Angelina Jolie's allegations of 'choking' her and their children
The allegations tabled by Angeline Jolie about Brad Pitt claims that the actor had 'poured beer and wine' over the heads of their children and 'choked' one of them (Jesse Grant/Getty Images for Disney, Ben Kriemann/Getty Images for Sony Pictures)

Brad Pitt will "respond in court" to Angelina Jolie's accusations that he was abusive to her and their children. Anne Kiley, the actor's attorney, claimed Pitt had been the target of "every type of personal attack and misrepresentation" but he would not "own anything he didn't do."

It follows Jolie's recent US court petition in which she claimed Pitt had physically and verbally abused his family on an aircraft in September 2016. The allegations tabled by Jolie on her husband claim that the actor had "poured beer and wine" over the heads of their children and "choked" one of them. In a statement shared with US outlets on October 6, Kiley said, “Brad has owned everything he’s responsible for from day one — unlike the other side — but he’s not going to own anything he didn’t do. He has been on the receiving end of every type of personal attack and misrepresentation. Thankfully, the various public authorities the other side has tried to use against him over the past six years have made their own independent decisions. Brad will continue to respond in court as he has consistently done,” she added. Pitt's spokesperson earlier claimed to The Hollywood Reporter on October 4 that Jolie "continues to rehash, revise and reimagine her description of an event that happened 6 years ago by adding completely untrue information each time she fails to get what she wants. Her story is constantly evolving."

READ MORE

ADVERTISEMENT

Who are Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s children? A look at their six 'very individual human beings'

Brad Pitt 'PUSHES' to see children as often as possible amid 'tricky situation' with Angelina Jolie

ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie attend a private reception as costumes and props from Disney's
Brad Pitt  is being accused of verbally and physically abusing his family by ex-wife Angelina Jolie  (Anthony Harvey/Getty Images)

According to TMZ, the ‘Tomb Raider’ actress had started a smear campaign against her ex-husband. The children of the couple had suffered a great deal as a result of her statements and behavior, according to sources close to Pitt and their connection with their father has been significantly harmed. Because of her "campaign of alienation," according to a source close to Pitt, the children's contact with their father is "limited and strained." Prior to declining to press charges against Pitt owing to a lack of evidence, the FBI looked into Jolie's complaints regarding Pitt's reportedly violent behavior on the flight. 

An FBI investigation was started after the alleged event in 2016 and Jolie filed for divorce five days later. The pair is still at odds over the sale of their shares in Chateau Miraval SA, a French company that owns a house and vineyard in the south of France that they bought in 2008. Pitt has previously accused Jolie of plotting a "hostile" takeover of the wine company he had "carefully built" and of pressuring him to partner with "a stranger with poisonous associations and intentions" - Russian oligarch Yuri Shefler. The pair paid over $25 million for the Miraval estate which is situated in the village of Correns in southeast France. Pitt paid 60% of the purchase price and Jolie made up the other 40%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this article: Brad Pitt will 'respond in court' to Angelina Jolie's allegations of 'choking' her and their children