Victoria Beckham worried about clash of 'feuding' sisters-in-law Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton at son's wedding
Victoria and her husband David Beckham had been among the guests at Harry and Meghan's wedding in 2018 and had also attended Kate and William's wedding in 2011
Victoria Beckham is torn and is said to be in a social dilemma over whether to invite the "feuding" Cambridges and Sussexes to her son Brooklyn's wedding given she and her husband David Beckham had attended both their royal weddings.
As reported by Daily Mail, the fashion designer is believed to be close friends with Meghan Markle after she and Prince Harry permanently moved to the US, earlier this year. Meghan has also been seen sporting Victoria's designs and clothes. Meghan and Harry had decided to step back as senior royals from the royal family earlier in January this year.
The couple is not the only one who Victoria is friends with. The former 'Spice Girls' had also attended the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, 38, in 2011.
As social dilemma looms, Victoria is currently working on creating the guestlist for her son Brooklyn's 2022 wedding to actress Nicola Peltz. She is worried about how both Prince Harry and Prince William and their wives would get along considering the reports of a feud between the two brothers.
21-year-old Brooklyn has had to postpone his wedding to 2022 in the hopes that the pandemic doesn't ruin any plans. Brooklyn and Nicola had announced their engagement back in July and are wanting to host two events- one in Florida, and one in Cotswolds. Nicola,25, is the daughter of US tycoon Nelson Peltz.
It is currently not known whether any invitations or save the date cards have been sent to the potential guests. Victoria and her husband David had been among the guests at Harry and Meghan's wedding in 2018 and had also attended Kate and William's wedding in 2011.
The last time that the Cambridges and Sussexes had met during the Commonwealth Day Service at the Westminster Abbey in March. We had earlier reported how the tension between the royal brothers was palpable when Harry and William walked into the Westminster Abbey for the Commonwealth Day Service on March 9.
Photos and videos from the event showed the two couples — who once formed the "Fab Four" — avoiding eye contact with each other. Throughout the event, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex did not exchange a single word with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
At the time a royal insider had spoken to US Weekly and said, "Harry misses his brother and Kate, but there’s too much mud under the bridge at this point for any meaningful communication. They’re cordial, but that’s about as far as it goes."
The editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine spoke on Mirror's podcast 'Save The Queen' and said she fears that the relationship between the two once very close brothers will never be the same. She said, "I rather doubt that they will ever get back to how they used to be. I really don't think so. I think that's probably a broken relationship."
"I think perhaps if something happened to Catherine or Meghan, the boys would be together again. But as long as their ladies are there and their families are there...If there was an awful tragedy it would bring them together, but otherwise, I don't think that relationship will be mended. But that is a really personal point of view and I might not be right."