Prince Harry's claim that royal family is unwilling to reconcile with him slammed as 'complete nonsense'
LONDON, ENGLAND: Prince Harry’s claims that his father King Charles and brother Prince William have shown no desire to mend fences with him, have been rubbished by royal sources as they revealed the monarch invited him and Meghan over for Christmas.
The Duke of Sussex, 38, during an interview with ITV’s Tom Brady, expressed that his possible reunion with the royal family did not appear to be in the cards as his brother Prince William and father King Charles had shown "absolutely no willingness to reconcile." But insiders at Buckingham Palace shot down his claims and branded them as "nonsense" while asserting that Harry and his wife Meghan had an open invitation to join the rest of the Firm this Christmas, despite the release of their explosive Netflix docu-series where he called Charles a liar and William a bully.
Speaking to the Mirror, one royal source described Harry’s latest claim as "complete and unadulterated nonsense", adding that "It takes some audacity to say that when his father invited him to stay at his house when in the UK, invited him to spend Christmas with the rest of the family and continued to make public statements of support." They also told the publication: "[The King] has been saddened that he hasn't had the opportunity to spend time with his grandchildren. He has always left the door open for his son and will continue to do so."
Harry and William 'will NEVER reconcile’ after his memorial ‘Spare’: insider
Earlier this week, some royal experts suggested that the publication of Harry's tell-all book will exacerbate the already strained relationship between him and the rest of his family. Insiders fear that Harry and his brother, Prince of Wales, will 'never reconcile' after the release of Spare, which reportedly features attacks on William and his wife Kate Middleton.
"Generally, I think the book [will be] worse for them than the Royal Family is expecting." A source told the Sunday Times. "Everything is laid bare. Charles comes out of it better than it had expected, but it's tough on William, in particular, and even Kate gets a bit of a broadside. There are these minute details and a description of the fight between the brothers. I personally can't see how Harry and William will be able to reconcile after this."
Harry’s explosive memorial, which is penned by ghostwriter JR Moehringer, is slated to release on January 10. Before its release, a pair of interviews with Harry by Mr. Bradby and CBS's Anderson Cooper conducted at a hired ranch in Montecito will also be released this week. In a trailer for the interview with Mr. Bradby, Harry repeated accusations against Buckingham Palace aides who he accused of placing negative stories in the media about him and his wife. "It never needed to be this way. The leaking and the planting. I want a family, not an institution. They feel as though it's better to keep up, somehow, as the villains.” He said.
Speaking of Harry’s claim, royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams said proclamations made by the Sussexes in the press are not helping the fractured relationship. "Harry might like to "get his brother back" and "…his father back", but must surely know giving this catalog of woes even more exposure, is not the way to do so." He said according to DailyMail. "Further accusations of stories being planted against them by the Palace in both interviews show how bitter he and Meghan still are but, though their fans may support it, there will come a time when even the media tire of exposure at this level."