'Family or $20M': Tenuous truce set to shatter with Prince Harry ‘insisting’ on releasing tell-all memoir against King's wishes

According to a royal insider, Prince Harry will be revising his upcoming tell-all book to reflect the demise of the Queen rather than canceling it

'Family or $20M': Tenuous truce set to shatter with Prince Harry ‘insisting’ on releasing tell-all memoir against King's wishes
Prince Harry allegedly wants to publish his tell-all book this November, despite King Charles III's disapproval (Henry Nicholls/Victoria Jones/Getty Images)
ADVERTISEMENT

Despite King Charles III's wishes, Prince Harry is moving forward with his $20 million memoir, according to a royal insider. Prince Harry has made it clear to his family that he will revise his upcoming tell-all book to reflect the demise of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, rather than canceling it, according to Radar Online. According to a source familiar with the matter, “The book is the key to Harry’s future in the family. If the book goes away, Harry will be back in with the family. However, if the book is published, trust will be permanently damaged, and he will never again be welcomed into the new King's inner circle.”

“A line has been drawn in the sand. Now it is up to Harry. The choice could not be more obvious inside the palace. Harry picks his family, or he picks $20 million. That’s the price of being welcomed back into the fold. Having Meghan trash, them is one thing, but having Harry do it is another. If he burns this bridge, he will never be able to rebuild it,” the palace insider added. 

ADVERTISEMENT

RELATED ARTICLES 

King Charles told Prince Harry that Meghan Markle was 'not welcome' at Balmoral to see dying Queen

'Why is SHE going?': Strong disapproval about Harry and MEGHAN heading to Balmoral may have caused 'change of plan'

ADVERTISEMENT

Earlier, a royal author claimed that Prince Harry is "insisting" that his memoir be out in November. The highly anticipated book by the Duke of Sussex was scheduled for release by the end of this year, but there had been speculations that the date would be postponed in light of the death of his grandmother, the Queen. Tom Bower, a royal author, alleges that despite the publisher's worries, Harry is insistent that the unveiling takes place this year. Bower even suggested that Harry could take legal action against his publishers if his memoirs are not published as scheduled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Queen Elizabeth II speaks with Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex as they leave after the wedding of Lady Gabriella Windsor to Thomas Kingston at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle on May 18, 2019 in Windsor, England.
Queen Elizabeth II speaks with Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex as they leave after the wedding of Lady Gabriella Windsor to Thomas Kingston at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle on May 18, 2019, in Windsor, England (Steve Parsons - WPA Pool/Getty Images)

Speaking on GB News' Dan Wootton Tonight, Bower said, “I’m told tonight that Harry is insisting that his book is published in November; it’s astonishing. Apparently, the publishers are not too certain, but he says if they don’t publish it’s a breach of contract, that’s what I’m told.” Meanwhile, Harry had previously released a statement honoring his late grandma. “In celebrating the life of my grandmother, Her Majesty The Queen – and in mourning her loss – we are all reminded of the guiding compass she was to so many in her commitment to service and duty,” said a statement on the website of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's nonprofit organization, Archewell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Catherine, Princess of Wales and Prince William, Prince of Wales view floral tributes left at Windsor Castle on September 10, 2022 in Windsor, England. Crowds have gathered and tributes left at the gates of Windsor Castle to Queen Elizabeth II, who died at Balmoral Castle on 8 September, 2022.
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Catherine, Princess of Wales, and Prince William, Prince of Wales view floral tributes left at Windsor Castle on September 10, 2022, in Windsor, England (Kirsty O'Connor - WPA Pool/Getty Images)

The statement went on to say, “She was globally admired and respected. Her unwavering grace and dignity remained true throughout her life and now her everlasting legacy. Let us echo the words she spoke after the passing of her husband, Prince Philip, words which can bring comfort to all of us now: ‘Life, of course, consists of final partings as well as first meetings. Granny, while this final parting brings us great sadness, I am forever grateful for all of our first meetings – from my earliest childhood memories with you, to meeting you for the first time as my Commander-in-Chief, to the first moment you met my darling wife and hugged your beloved great-grandchildren." 

ADVERTISEMENT



 

"I cherish these times shared with you, and the many other special moments in between. You are already sorely missed, not just by us, but by the world over. And as it comes to first meetings, we now honor my father in his new role as King Charles III. Thank you for your commitment to service. Thank you for your sound advice. Thank you for your infectious smile. We, too, smile knowing that you and grandpa are reunited now, and both together in peace,” the statement remarked. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this article: 'Family or $20M': Tenuous truce set to shatter with Prince Harry ‘insisting’ on releasing tell-all memoir against King's wishes