Jeff Bezos' ex-wife Mackenzie Scott donates luxury mansions worth $55M to non-profit charity organization

Mackenzie Scott , 52, has reportedly donated two mansions worth $55M to LA-based charity organization CCF

Jeff Bezos' ex-wife Mackenzie Scott donates luxury mansions worth $55M to non-profit charity organization
Mackenzie Scott was named one of the world's most powerful women by Forbes in 2021 (Twitter/@mackenziescott, Realtor.com)
ADVERTISEMENT

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA: Jeff Bezos’ ex-wife Mackenzie Scott is known for being a frequent donater of her fortune to charity. The 52-year-old is at an estimated $37 billion through her 4% ownership stake in Amazon, which is after Scott sold $8.5 billion worth of stock this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

According to the New York Post, Scott has donated more than $12 billion to various groups, organizations and charities. Her philanthropy works are only increasing, as she is also donating her own luxurious homes.

RELATED ARTICLES

Mackenzie Scott lauded for charity work as ex-husband Jeff Bezos blasted off to space

ADVERTISEMENT

‘Jeff Bezos, contact me’: Amazon driver ‘sent home’ for taking a s*** after boss TRACKED him down to bathroom

Scott has donated “two single-family residences valued at $55 million,” to the California Community Foundation (CCF), a non-profit philanthropic organization, in August, as per the New York Post.

ADVERTISEMENT

The home is designed in Spanish style(Realtor.com)
The home is designed in Spanish style (Realtor.com)

After her divorce from the Amazon founder in 2019, which ended their 25 year marriage, records show Scott had transferred two of her Beverly Hills mansions to the foundation on July 29, as per the outlet. Scott married high school chemistry teacher Dan Jewett in 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT

The brick house was built for Warner Bros. Studios founder Harry Warner in 1923(Realtor.com)
The brick house was built for Warner Bros. Studios founder Harry Warner in 1923 (Realtor.com)

Apart from her philanthrophic work, Scott, is also a novelist, having written her debut novel, 'The Testing of Luther Albright' in 2005. Her second novel, 'Traps', was published in 2013.

ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, Bezos and Scott had bought their first home back in 2007 for $24.45 million. Spread across 2 acres, the home runs on solar power and is designed in Spanish style. The property spans roughly 12,000 square feet and had seven bedrooms and seven bathrooms. It is located on N. Alpine Drive near Coldwater Canyon Park.

The owner's suite has vaulted and beamed ceilings, dual bathrooms, a refreshment area, a fireplace and a wrap-around terrace(Realtor.com)
The owner's suite has vaulted and beamed ceilings, dual bathrooms, a refreshment area, a fireplace and a wrap-around terrace (Realtor.com)

ADVERTISEMENT

The former couple then purchased their second home in 2017 in an off-market deal on the same street for $12.9 million. The home spans 4,500 square feet and was built in 1956.

According to the CCF, the couple are hoping to sell the homes as soon as possible. As per reports, 90% of the proceeds will be going to “affordable housing grant making.” The remaining 10% will be used to fund the immigrant integration program. This will be used to “advance opportunities for the millions of immigrants from throughout the world who call Los Angeles County home.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The kitchen has exposed wooden ceiling beams and hand-painted tiles, and there is even an attached apartment (Realtor.com)
The kitchen has exposed wooden ceiling beams and hand-painted tiles, and there is even an attached apartment (Realtor.com)

New York Post reports that Scott donated the estates since she rarely visits the Golden State. The author has been living in Seattle for a long time now, where Scott and Bezos have had a large estate in the upscale Medina neighborhood. The said estate boasts 310 feet of lakefront shoreline and a boathouse. However, according to the outlet, Scott now resides in Hunts Point, about a 5-minute drive away.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Hunts Point estate was sold for a staggering $37.5 million in April 2019, a few months after Bezos and Scott announced their decision to part ways. While the buyer remains unknown, rumors are rife that Scott is the buyer.

The estate spans 9,400 square feet, and the outlet reports that more than $400,000 have gone into renovations. The property has three bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms and is under a private trust.

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this article: Jeff Bezos' ex-wife Mackenzie Scott donates luxury mansions worth $55M to non-profit charity organization