'Bulletproof': Ashley Walters says he kept himself busy during quarantine and got so much done that was put off

'I have found that sticking to quite a strict regime and routine whilst in isolation has kept me sane so far,' said Walters


                            'Bulletproof': Ashley Walters says he kept himself busy during quarantine and got so much done that was put off
Ashley Walters (Getty Images)

With the coronavirus pandemic continuing to grip the world, we're all trying to find new ways to keep ourselves occupied so we don't go mad being stuck at home. This is especially difficult for people like Ashley Walters, star of 'Top Boy' and 'Bulletproof', and in an exclusive interview with MEA WorldWide (MEAWW), Walters opened up about what he's been doing during the lockdown.

"I have found that sticking to quite a strict regime and routine whilst in isolation has kept me sane so far," Walters said. "It’s hard when you're used to being active and connecting with people, but I have got so much done that I was putting off. Spending this quality time with my wife and kids has been priceless."

While Walters might be stuck at home, his fans in the US have reason to rejoice. The second season of 'Bulletproof' is on its way to The CW and will begin airing later in June.

"In the new season, Bishop and Pike go undercover to bring down a crime family, but in doing so, they take on a lot more than they can handle," Walters teased.

"I think the main difference [between Season 1 and Season 2] is that the guys are undercover following one family and all the episodes are about this journey," he continued. "In Season 1 we used a crime of the week structure which worked. Going undercover for us felt like the show's natural progression."

Once Season 2 is done, there'll be even more 'Bulletproof' coming our way with a three-part special that will be airing in the UK in the Fall of 2020.

"The idea is that after Season 2, which you guys are about to see, Bishop, Pike and his family fly to South Africa for a well-deserved break," Walters explained. "But almost as soon as they arrive, they are drawn into solving a crime that they just can’t walk away from."



 

The special has already been shot and is all set to go, despite the lockdown throwing a wrench into the best-laid plans of most shows and movies. Walters also revealed that work on scripts for a third season of 'Bulletproof' is already underway, though the series is yet to be picked up for another season. "We have already started work on the scripts for next season but that is no guarantee that it will happen," he said. "I think the love of the show speaks for itself so let’s hope the show continues."

Besides 'Bulletproof', Walters also stars in the crime drama, 'Top Boy', as the drug kingpin Dushane. Season 3 of the show was released on Netflix in 2019 to acclaim and a fourth season is already in the works. "I think you can expect some more insurmountable obstacles for Dushane to navigate," Walters said, previewing the upcoming season. "I would love to tell you more but I can't."

"It has been super amazing bringing the show back and being part of the process," he added, addressing the time between the show being dropped by Channel 4 in 2014 and revived by Netflix years later. "There was a time when many believed the show would never return. They were wrong."

Walters' immediate future is pretty much committed to these two great shows but he's still finding time to engage his other interests.

"At the moment, acting-wise, I have made a long term commitment to 'Top Boy' and 'Bulletproof'," he said. "In my personal time, I am writing and about to direct my first short film."

'Bulletproof' Season 2 will premiere in the US on June 10 at 9 pm ET on The CW.

If you have an entertainment scoop or a story for us, please reach out to us on (323) 421-7515