Mystery deepens over 3 dead in partially burned Tennesse home as cops suspect carbon monoxide poisoning
CHATTANOOGA, TENNESSEE: The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office announced that three bodies were discovered Friday, December 3, on Dallas Lake Road near Hixson. The three individuals likely suffered carbon monoxide poisoning, according to a coroner at the scene. Two male bodies and one female body were discovered at 1.pm in a red metal shed on the property in the 1500 block of Dallas Lake Road. Although criminal activity has not yet been ruled out, there were no signs of suicide or homicide at the location.
Sheriff's officials closed a short section of the street Friday afternoon during the investigation. Investigators had spoken with the relatives of two of the deceased and were trying to identify the others. According to investigator Tim Carroll, a second man was discovered alive in the shed with no visible wounds, the Times Free Press reported. The person then left the area with a family member, Carol added.
8 found dead after horrific Oklahoma house fire, cops suspect homicide
Nicole Barnes: 'Healthy' mother, 29, found dead at home lying next to her 3-year-old daughter
As per Chattanooga Times Free Press, Carroll noticed that there were no obvious wounds or evidence of trauma on the bodies found in the shed. Investigators further said there was no indication of a homicide or suicide at the location, either. Investigators as per the report stated that authorities have not excluded any suspicion of criminal involvement at this time as the investigation proceeds. Investigators reported that they also discovered a heater and a small propane tank at the site that was empty but had a valve open. The man found alive at the scene reportedly told investigators that the shed was new to the property, placed there as recently as Wednesday. Carroll said there was a bed inside and several other items indicating someone had slept there. The shed stands next to the remains of a house that burned several years ago, investigators said.
An extensive examination of the bodies is set for either Saturday or Monday, the report said. While carbon monoxide has no look, taste, or smell, the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control urges that detectors either be powered or backed up by batteries. "If the detector sounds, leave your home immediately and call 911," the CDC advises. Currently, HCSO does not see this as a threat to the public. The investigations in the case are going on.