Decomposing bodies of man and five dogs found days after they died from carbon monoxide poisoning
HIGH POINT, NORTH CAROLINA: Robert Baker was found dead inside his apartment on Monday, September 26, about 7.05 pm by police in High Point, North Carolina. Police said that they discovered Baker, 39, and his five dogs at the location, who were "already in the stages of decomposition, indicating they had been dead for days."
Police were alerted to the scene by a 911 caller who also claimed that "someone had been there for a few days." The caller's claim was confirmed when cops arrived at the scene and discovered the bodies. A strong stench was emnanting from the house while insects were spotted near Baker's window, according to the 39-year-old's neighbor David Huffman, who spoke to FOX8. "Said we need to call the landlord because something died inside the house," Huffman said.
Illinois man kills himself, 10-year-old son with carbon monoxide poisoning, daughter, 6, fights for her life
Groom and five guests die MYSTERIOUSLY hours after wedding while bride and 7 others are hospitalized
Huffman, who lives next door on Amos Street, thought something strange happened on Monday night. Before Baker's autopsy results were available, police initially deemed his death to be "suspicious in nature" and classified it as a homicide.
After the autopsy on Wednesday, September 28, officials discovered Baker died of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. The unfortunate incident happened, according to the police, due to a generator inside Baker's apartment. Officials reported that his body showed no evidence of trauma.
Huffman said, "I'm still alive. I'm grateful whatever happened to him didn't happen to me." The first person to find Baker and his dogs was the landlord, who entered the apartment through a broken window. "What disturbs me is it was right next door. That’s the most disturbing part," Huffman said.
The publication was informed by a couple who lived across the street that Baker was a kind neighbor who they eventually became well acquainted with. "Ain't nobody else going to be able to take his place. I can't see it," the couple stated.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that at least 430 Americans die from accidental carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning each year. Nearly 50,000 Americans visit the emergency room each year as a result of unintentional CO poisoning. Headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest discomfort, and confusion are the most typical signs of CO poisoning.
CO can be found in fumes from stoves, lanterns, gas ranges, portable generators, kerosene heaters, kerosene heaters, automobiles "warmed up" in garages, and charcoal and wood burning. CO tends to dangerously accumulate in places that are enclosed or partially enclosed. People and animals are at risk from inhaling CO is large amounts dying in such areas.