What happened to Chris Noth sex assault case? 'SATC' star to make COMEBACK with movie projects

What happened to Chris Noth sex assault case? 'SATC' star to make COMEBACK with movie projects
'Sex and the City’ star Chris Noth is set to return to the big screen with movie projects a year after being accused of alleged sexual assault (Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images)

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: A year after being accused of alleged sexual assault, 'Sex and the City' star Chris Noth is planning to make a comeback on the big screen with movie projects. The actor, who is best known for playing Mr Big in 'SATC', was "canceled" when allegations of him reportedly sexually abusing four women surfaced last year, which the actor then strongly rejected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Producer, Noel Ashman, a close friend of the actor, recently opened up in an exclusive interview about the actor's desire to resume his career after the alleged sex scandal. Regarding the sexual assault claims, neither police investigations nor legal cases have been filed against the actor. This comes after the alleged victims' decision not to press charges against him, as per The US Sun.

ADVERTISEMENT

READ MORE

Chris Noth sex assault allegations: Here's what to know about accusers Zoe and Lily

Who is Chris Noth's fourth accuser? Lisa Gentile speaks out amid star's marriage woes

"He's had a lot of offers, and he's got a bunch of things that he's doing," Noel adds of Noth's continued plans to produce and appear in his romantic comedy. He continued, "Our movie Someday Sometime, and then two other small Indies. I got swamped, I had a lot of movies I've been producing lately. COVID pushed stuff back. Right now we're working on finishing the financing, but it will happen." Noel added, "It's very music based, but not a musical. And it's basically a love story about an old flame. It's definitely a very upbeat, fun movie. Chris is going to play the husband, Donald, who is one of the main characters. We kind of got back to looking at it now in the last probably three, four months." Additionally, by performing a workshop for the play 'Rhinoceros' on January 9, Noth also plans to use his own New York club, The Cutting Room, to help revive his career and make a comeback to the big screens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Noel, a nightclub entrepreneur turned producer who has known Noth since they were teenagers, acknowledges that the celebrity had a terrible year because his tequila company supposedly lost a $12 million deal. When asked how he has coped in the past 12 months, he said, "Chris is a strong guy, he knows the truth. I was very upset. He's an old friend of mine and an occasional business partner." Noel added, "He's a very good guy. He's not perfect, none of us are obviously, but he certainly would never do any of the things that we're alleged. I've been with him in every situation possible, with the girls I've seen, he's not that guy at all." Additionally, Noel claimed that accusations of Noth having a drinking issue are untrue, saying, "I've never seen anything that would lead me to believe he had an actual drinking problem at all."

ADVERTISEMENT

Two women accused the actor of allegedly abusing them sexually in December of last year; one of them told that the release of the show 'Sex and the City' "triggered" her accusation. Noth would not tolerate any rejection during intimate moments, said Zoe, 40, and Lily, 31, as per The Hollywood Reporter. A day later, a third accuser who used the pseudonym, Ava, revealed that the actor had allegedly molested her in 2010, reported Daily Beast. Then, on December 23, 2021, singer Lisa Gentile and a fourth victim, attorney Gloria Allred, appeared at a news conference to describe Gentile's alleged attack by Noth in 2002.

ADVERTISEMENT

MEAWW previously reported that all the companies and organizations that were affiliated with the actor had gradually distanced themselves from him, as a result of the scandal. In a joint statement, Universal Television and CBS announced that Noth will no longer be filming "additional episodes" of the program. Following this, Noth's character was killed off in the finale of the 'Sex and the City' spin-off 'And Just Like That'. Amid this, co-star Sarah Jessica-Parker is supposedly no longer friends with him. In addition, the 68-year-old was also fired from CBS's 'The Equalizer' and his talent agency.

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this article: What happened to Chris Noth sex assault case? 'SATC' star to make COMEBACK with movie projects