Former 'Teen Mom OG' star Farrah Abraham faces lawsuit if she doesn't show up at boxing match with Nicole 'Hoopz' Alexander
Abraham said she pulled out of the fight because the event's promoters did not uphold the promises they had previously made to the reality star
Farrah Abraham should be readying herself for a legal battle anytime now. The former 'Teen Mom OG' star, who recently pulled herself out of her fight with Nicole 'Hoopz' Alexander on November 10 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, might be facing charges against her, according to reports.
In her defense, Abraham said that she pulled out of the fight because the promoters at the event did not uphold their promises that they previously made to the reality star. According to an insider, Abraham "wanted 30 rooms, flights for six people… She was very demanding and difficult to work with."
However, the match's promoters, Damon Feldman, Samantha Goldberg, and their legal team, have claimed that they never promised these perks to the reality star. And now, they are planning to sue Abraham for millions of dollars due to her apparent breach of contract, unless she actually shows up to the event.
It has further been reported that first class tickets have been purchased for Abraham and her nine-year-old daughter Sophia. Along with that, the reality TV star has also been paid half the money she’s owed up front ahead of the clash. In the middle of all this, Abraham is being backed by her mother, Debra.
"We were all planning on getting together up there and watching the match," Debra told Radar Online. "I said, 'What about my travel? When do we fly in? Where are we staying?' They were supposed to get back to all of us. Farrah was like, 'Mom, he didn’t even get me a ticket!' I don’t call that Farrah dropping out."
"It’s ridiculous," the 61-year-old continued. "They didn’t deliver what they said they would provide in regard to travel and hotel. We’re used to being treated properly. Right now, no one is showing up on our side. If Farrah doesn’t show up, there is no fight!"
On the other hand, the promoters of the event claim that Abraham never complained about anything being amiss during their press tour, which also included an appearance one week before the actual fight. One representative for the event told the media outlet, "As of yesterday, they are still going through with it. She’s a partner. She’s on contract. She’s an equity partner. For her to back out, she could get sued for millions."
But what about Abraham actually not showing up? "If she does drop out, we would find another athlete. The show would still go on," the rep continued. In all of this, Hoopz, Abraham's opponent for the match too had some things to say. "She’s using the promoters as a reason to back out," the reality star wrote on Instagram. "The fight is still happening with or without her. We agreed because of the cause, not because of Farrah. See everyone November 10th."