Sharon Osbourne will fight for 'every last penny' of her £2m contract if Simon Cowell axes her from 'X Factor'

Simon Osbourne has her eyes fixed on what she deserves and knows right well that she will fight for her money if axed from the show.
(Getty Images)
(Getty Images)

Sharon Osbourne is not someone to mess with as she has reportedly vowed to get "every last penny" from Simon Cowell if she is ever axed from X Factor mid-contract. According to The Sun, Sharon might be axed from the show, along with fellow judge Louis Walsh. 

While Sharon's fate on the show is not fixed, her pals are convinced that Simon wants to get rid of the pair as both of them have already signed contracts for the next series with big money. “It would cost £3.5million to pay them both off – it’s money ITV don’t have," one friend told the tabloid. “Sharon will get the money owed to her if she does go.” The certainty of the judges on the show soon started to shake after their fellow judge Nicole Scherzinger walked out of the show. 

However, a close friend of Nicole said she had been “clear from the get-go that last year would be her last.” It is believed that Nicole's new management wanted her to follow a different career path, which also includes releasing new music. 

On the other hand, Louis said previously that Simon has assured him his job will be safe for another series. He said: “I have a signed, watertight contract, as has Sharon." He added, “Of course you'll see us back. It’s a three-year contract – we've done two.”

It is believed that Simon is in talks with Craig David and Louis Tomlinson and there is a possibility that they will become judges for the next season. At the same time, ex-judge Cheryl Tweedy, Alesha Dixon, Kylie Minogue, and Mariah Carey are competing to replace the Pussycat Dolls star. As Sun reported that time, an insider told them that "Louis and Sharon are both contracted to return this year, but Simon and the producers have lost faith. They were both terrible on the panel last year. Louis has had a great run, but he’s advertising hearing aids for god’s sake. It’s beyond a joke."

"And Sharon couldn't even remember some of her own contestants’ names. Nicole was a passionate judge but has no contract and won’t be back this year in order to bring in fresh blood," the source continued. In the past, Louis had been fired from the show twice until Simon reversed the decision. Now, the big question is, will it happen the third time? 

GET THE BIGGEST ENTERTAINMENT STORIES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Monica White embarked on a relationship with Anthony Robinson in 2020, and a year later, he was arrested for murders
4 hours ago
After years of uncertainty, a major update suggests the long-delayed third chapter of ‘Sicario 3’ is finally moving closer to cameras
14 hours ago
'Stranger Things: Tales from '85' season two will arrive in fall with a new challenge for HIC
14 hours ago
The eight-episode true-crime comedy brings back Skyler Gisondo and several Daily Planet characters.
16 hours ago
Season 3 teaser previews another shift at Pittsburgh Trauma Medical Center ahead of the medical drama’s January 2027 return.
22 hours ago
Taylor Sheridan planned to retire after ‘Yellowstone,’ but this major reason made him continue his career in Hollywood.
23 hours ago
Episode 5 introduces Bert’s new love interest as the group enters a universe where relationships and possessions are shared.
1 day ago
NBC's new fall drama drops one family into four competing loyalties at once, with Peter Krause making a comeback.
1 day ago
With only two episodes left in Season 3, Per Stensen's confession reframes why the silos exist in the first place
1 day ago
‘Chicago Fire’ Season 15 will debut on October 7 with new probies joining the Truck 81 gang
1 day ago