Scott Baio will not face charges over Nicole Eggert's sexual abuse allegations
Scott came on Good Morning America, where he insisted that the two had sex only when she was an adult. At the same time, he accused her of changing her story multiple times.
Actor Scott Baio will not be facing any charges following the sexual assault allegation that was made against the him by his 'Charles in Charge' co-star Nicole Eggert. As reported by ET, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office declined to press any charges against the actor on Tuesday (June 19). The DA stated that "the applicable statute of limitations to the crimes alleged by the victim has expired. Thus, the case is declined," after evaluating the case that was filed in February by Nicole.
Even though there is no statute of limitations on cases involving sexual assault between an adult and a minor there had been one when Nicole states that she was assaulted. In the court documents, Nicole said that she was assaulted in the 1980s, this was also the time when a three-year statute of limitations was placed. This means Nicole's deadline to press any charges against the actor is long gone.
In the police report filed with the LAPD back in February, Nicole, 46 claims that she was assaulted when she was 14 years old. In an interview with Megyn Kelly, Nicole recalled that Scott showed interest in her when she began filming Charles in Charge in September 1986. She also recalled the first time he sexually assaulted her. "He immediately took to me and befriended me and earned my trust, and then he started expressing his love for me and talking about marriage in the future," she alleged. "And then I was still 14, before my 15th birthday, and we were at his house, in his car, in his garage, and he reached over and he penetrated me with his finger, and that's when the sexual touching and abuse started."
She went on to add that the sexual assault "happened quite often, through the age of 16.” She recalled that he sexually assaulted her "more than 10 times, more like probably once a week." She added, " And then on set, there was just a lot of groping, a lot of fondling, a lot of pulling me on his lap, trying to sneak kisses in the back, which other cast members saw.”
One day after Nicole's interview, Scott came on Good Morning America, where he insisted that the two had sex only when she was an adult. At the same time, he accused her of changing her story multiple times. "I'm trying to figure out which time she's lying and which time she's not lying, because the story seems to change quite a bit," he told at that time. "I can't keep up with her, honestly."
Scott when on to claim the same and later stated that the two had consensual sex “well after she turned 18." Scott has also been accused of verbal and physical abuse on the set of the show by his fellow co-star Alexander Polinsky, who played Adam Powell in the 80s sitcom Charles in Charge.