Travis Scott seen at Houston mansion wrapped in Hermes blanket in first pics since Astroworld
Travis Scott was seen in public for the first time after the stampede at his concert, he was reported to go meet his legal advisors
Travis Scott was spotted outside his Houston, Texas house on Wednesday, November 10 for the first time since the Astroworld Festival, which claimed the lives of nine people and injured many more. The rapper was spotted pacing outside the home in Houston, talking on his phone while covered in a black blanket with the letter "H" embroidered on it.
The list of victims in the Astroworld tragedy keeps growing as Bharti Shahani, a 22-year-old college student from Texas, succumbed to her injuries sustained at last week's festival after being declared brain dead. The rapper has been convicted twice before for telling fans to jump barriers and rush the stage at previous concerts, but now has been saying that he was 'devastated' by the deaths and that he couldn't 'imagine anything like this happening.
See his pictures here
After the whole Astroworld festival incident, this was the first time the rapper was spotted outside in public. According to the source from DailyMail, Travis was scheduled to meet his legal advisors. He had been holed up at the home with 24-hour security and at least five security guards since last Nov 5 tragedy.
#TravisScott, real name #JacquesWebster, was spotted on the phone, wrapped in an Hermes blanket and pacing with his back turned to the cameras as it's revealed another victim died 🙏🏾Thursday, bringing the dead to 9 condolences to all the families. https://t.co/0a6b4Y7Laq— VIDEO2FONE (@VIDEO2FONE) November 12, 2021
The security outside Travis' home has been constant and increased to ensure his safety. Security accompanied his attorneys into his home avoiding any delay. Attorney Neal Manne arrived at the rapper's gated mansion as up to 60 lawsuits with at least 150 plaintiffs against the rapper and Live Nation Entertainment. They charged him and his management for intentional mismanagement over extra ticket sales.
Among others, Drake and LiveNation have also been charged with lawsuits. Drake has been accused of inciting the crowd which later became uncontrollable that eventually lead to the ruckus. History has not been kind to Travis as he had previously been charged for similar irresponsible behavior during previous performances, such as in 2015 when he pleaded guilty to reckless conduct during a set at Chicago's Lollapalooza festival.
Following the public outrage and criticism after the Nov 5 tragedy, Travis released two apology statements showing remorse and praying for the family of the victims. On the apology, Travis issued he said, “I’m absolutely devastated by what took place last night. My prayers go out to the families all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival." He had also issued an apology video later after the incident claiming he did not fathom the "severity of the situation."
Drake too broke his silence on the issue after being constantly poked by the fans and followers of the incident. Drake posted his response on his Instagram, he said, " I hate resorting to this platform to express emotion as delicate as grief but this is where I find myself." He further added that he will be of service in every way possible and prays to God to be with the family of the departed souls. However, people are finding it difficult to accept their apology as it was revealed that Scott and Drake partied together after the concert. "Travis didn't know the severity of the situation when he arrived at the party," a source told TMZ, adding that the rapper left the party when deaths had been confirmed.
Scott is being sued by at least 150 victims for 'inciting mayhem' and stands to lose 'billions' after more than 300 people were treated at an emergency field hospital in the aftermath, 11 others went into cardiac arrest and dozens more were knocked unconscious.