Queen Elizabeth is reportedly furious with Meghan Markle's dad over staged paparazzi shots
The soon to be royal bride is having some family trouble as it still remains to be seen whether it will be her father or her mother who will walk her down the aisle on May 19
Queen Elizabeth is reportedly not happy on seeing how things are turning out just days before the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. According to Daily Express, Queen Elizabeth is "very angry" to see that Meghan's father, Thomas Markle chose to stage photos for 'money and attention' from the media.
A meeting has reportedly taken place between the Kensington Palace and the communications office on Tuesday (May 15) in order to discuss what the palace should do about Thomas and how they should go about handling the situation in the media. “Lord Chamberlain, Her Majesty, and the Duke are very angry with Meghan’s father,” a source close to the palace members told the outlet.
“They will speak to him once he arrives about the royal protocol,” the source went on to add that the royals were "worried" about Thomas "because of the photos". Thomas was found guilty of hiring an LA-based paparazzo to take “candid” photos of him before the royal wedding which is said to take place on May 19.
Thomas was said to land in the UK on Monday but decided to stay back because he did not want Meghan to be embarrassed anymore by him. After the news came to light, Thomas received a lot of backlash from the media and the people. Soon, Meghan's half-sister, Samantha Grant, came forward confessing that it was her idea.
Later, it was reported that Thomas had a heart attack days before he was said to land in the UK. Talking to TMZ, he confessed that he thought Meghan's mother, Doria Ragland would be a good choice to walk her down the aisle. He added that he was hurting both 'physically and emotionally'. He specifically mentioned his oldest daughter, Samantha Grant had been one of the main reasons for this. "I've been popping Valium for the pain, especially when I hear about my oldest daughter," he told the website.
After the incident came to light the palace issued a statement with regard to the situation. “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding,” a Kensington Palace spokesman said Monday. “She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.”