Princess Beatrice quarantining with fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and not her family at Royal Lodge

Beatrice and Mozzi are unlikely to set a new date for their big day till the social-distancing measures are completely lifted by the British government

Princess Beatrice quarantining with fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and not her family at Royal Lodge
(Getty Images)
ADVERTISEMENT

The coronavirus outbreak in the United Kingdom became Princess Beatrice's own personal crisis when she had to cancel her plans of tying the knot with her fiance Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi this year.  

The lovebirds were supposed to get married at the Chapel Royal in St James’s Palace on May 29, but the pandemic dampened their plans for a spring wedding ceremony after restrictions were put in place that limited the number of guests at any event that required a public gathering.  

ADVERTISEMENT

According to a report in People magazine, the spokesperson said, "There are no plans to switch venues or hold a bigger wedding. They aren’t even thinking about their wedding at this time. There will come a time to rearrange, but that’s not yet."

It further added: "the invitations were never actually sent out." It was also previously announced that the reception of the couple was no longer taking place. It was reported that the couple was discussing tying the knot in a private ceremony with friends and family instead. 

ADVERTISEMENT

It must be noted that Princess Beatrice's wedding was always meant to be a small celebration in comparison to Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle, and Princess Eugenie’s ceremonies. A royal source had also previously said that the couple had not been planning to have a carriage procession either "in keeping with their wishes for a more low-key" wedding. 

ADVERTISEMENT

However, for now, Beatrice's nuptials have been put on hold for the foreseeable future.

Princess Beatrice attends a private view for the "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" exhibition at Victoria & Albert Museum on March 12, 2015 in London, England. (Getty Images)

According to Express, Beatrice and Edoardo are unlikely to set a new date for their big day till the social-distancing measures are completely lifted by the British government. Edoardo, on the other hand, will probably want to hold off his marriage till international travel is deemed safe again as he has many Italian friends and relatives whom he would want at his ceremony. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, with the national lockdown orders in place, Beatrice has chosen to quarantine with her beau at his West London home and not at the Royal Lodge, where her sister, Princess Eugenie, her mother, Sarah Ferguson, and father, Prince Andrew, are all currently cooped up. 

Beatrice has chosen to stay with her fiance as he co-parents his four-year-old son Christopher “Wolfie” with his ex-girlfriend Dara Huang. His house is already well-equipped to Wolfie’s needs and hence it was the most practical option for the couple. His son was going to be Edoardo's best man making him the youngest person ever in history to have the role at a royal wedding.

ADVERTISEMENT

While Beatrice has chosen to keep a low profile, in the past few weeks her younger sister Eugenie has been active on social media. Following the cancellation of the Maundy Thursday church service, she posted a heartfelt message to the Queen.

"This time last year I had the great honor of attending the Royal Maundy Service with Her Majesty. ⁣This year the service could not take place due to this challenging time we find ourselves in. ⁣Head over to @theroyalfamily to see and learn more about this tradition that falls on the Thursday before Easter," the tribute to her grandmother read.

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this article: Princess Beatrice quarantining with fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and not her family at Royal Lodge