Prince Harry insists on publishing his memoir in November despite Queen’s death, close source denies claim

Following the Queen's death, Prince Harry is all set to publish his book by November but a source close to the Duke of Sussex denies such claims

Prince Harry insists on publishing his memoir in November despite Queen’s death, close source denies claim
Prince Harry set to release his memoir this November after grandmother Queen Elizabeth II's death (David Dee Delgado/Getty Images, Dominic Lipinski-WPA Pool/Getty Images)
ADVERTISEMENT

The Queen's death will not be affecting the publication of Prince Harry's autobiography that is set to be released in November, the royal author revealed on Tuesday, September 13. Tom Bower, who authored Meghan Markles biography, stated that the Duke of Sussex has insisted that the original date as chosen be honored. 

ADVERTISEMENT

"I am told tonight that Harry is insisting that his book is published in November. Apparently the publishers are not too certain, but he says if they don't publish it will be a breach of contract. That's what I'm told." he told GB News.

ADVERTISEMENT

READ MORE 

King Charles told Prince Harry that Meghan Markle was 'not welcome' at Balmoral to see dying Queen

'Why is SHE going?': Strong disapproval about Harry and MEGHAN heading to Balmoral may have caused 'change of plan'

ADVERTISEMENT

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex speaks onstage during Global Citizen Live, New York on September 25, 2021 in New York City.
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex speaks onstage during Global Citizen Live, New York on September 25, 2021 in New York City (John Lamparski/Getty Images)

"And also, I think they are convinced they're in the right and they want to get their own back," he also added. The Duke's ally today refuted the allegations Bower made to GB News. Penguin has already revealed that Harry would donate the book's sales earnings to a charitable organization. It would be a very terrible look for Harry to publish anything controversial at this time, royal experts warned MailOnline earlier this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Even when Harry and William left Windsor earlier this week, according to Phil Dampier, "The gulf between the Sussexes and the rest of the Royal family is as fresh as ever." Richard Fitzwilliams, a fellow royal critic, stated that he did not believe the book should have been written and that it would be unwise for it to be released at this time, even with an additional chapter devoted to the late Queen.

ADVERTISEMENT

"It is not a matter of a re-write, it's a matter of a re-think. Were it to be published, if it had anything sensational it would be tasteless. It is a matter for him how he wants to be perceived. With a new reign it is natural that his loyalty is to his father who is very fond of him. What better way to show his loyalty than by postponing, even permanently, the memoir which never should have been linked to the Queen’s jubilee year," Mr Fitzwilliams stated, adding "But it would be inappropriate for him to publish anything that had any controversial content especially at this time."

ADVERTISEMENT

The harm to Prince Harry's reputation, according to Mr Fitzwilliams, would logically rely on the subject matter of the book, which is still a mystery. Mr Dampier said that publishing the memoir opens up the possibility of worsening matters between the two parties and ruining any chances of reconciliation whatsoever. "If Harry makes things worse there is no way back for him. That would be a line crossed and Charles and William would find it hard to forgive him," he told. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Additionally, the family has not been provided with any precise information on the anticipated publication date of the book. It was announced in July that Harry and ghostwriter JR Moehringer had finished the book and the final text had been approved off by attorneys. If the Prince does still want to publish the memoir this year, there may now be a hasty rewrite. A publishing specialist reportedly stated that the book will be postponed until 2023 to give Harry time to write additional chapters to discuss the passing of the Queen, according to a story in RadarOnline earlier this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Before the Queen passed away, Page Six stated that publishers had been doubting the book's impending publication since it was still unavailable on Amazon and other sites for crucial pre-sales. "I have heard that Harry has some truth bombs in his book that he is debating on whether to include or not," a source told the website. Penguin Random House has described the book as "a heartfelt memoir from one of the most fascinating and influential global figures of our time." The publisher's website reads, "Prince Harry will share, for the very first time, the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses, and life lessons that have helped shape him. Covering his lifetime in the public eye from childhood to the present day, including his dedication to service, the military duty that twice took him to the frontlines of Afghanistan, and the joy he has found in being a husband and father, Prince Harry will offer an honest and captivating personal portrait, one that shows readers that behind everything they think they know lies an inspiring, courageous, and uplifting human story."

ADVERTISEMENT

Prince Harry said he thinks his narrative would "help prove that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think" and that any profits will be donated to charity. In light of Queen Elizabeth's passing, Penguin Random House has not yet made a statement on whether the release would be postponed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this article: Prince Harry insists on publishing his memoir in November despite Queen’s death, close source denies claim