Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have already planned their first official international trip after the Royal Wedding on May 19

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will fly to Australia in October for Harry's very own Invictus Games to be held in Sydney.


                            Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have already planned their first official international trip after the Royal Wedding on May 19
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle (Getty Images)

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding is just five weeks away but the couple has already laid out plans for what's coming after the grand ceremony. Their first official international trip is on the cards and the destination is Sydney, Australia. 

In October, the newlywed royals will attend the 2018 Invictus Games, which is Harry’s very own international adaptive multi-sport event, where wounded, injured or sick armed services personnel and veterans will take part in the Paralympic-style competition. The first Invictus Game was hosted in 2014 in London and the upcoming event this year will be the fourth edition. This year, some 400 veterans will compete for 72 spots on the team to participate in the event.

Prince Harry, Patron of the Invictus Games Foundation, and his fiancee Meghan Markle applaud as they attend the UK Team Trials for the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 at the University of Bath Sports Training Village on April 6, 2018 in Bath, England.  (Photo by Kirsty Wigglesworth - WPA Pool /Getty Images)

Meghan, who attended last year’s games in Toronto with Harry, visited with athletes taking part in the UK. Team Trials began for the upcoming games on Friday in Bath. There they met Michael Mellon, a 38-year-old, who suffered a rugby injury while playing for the Royal Air Force in 2005, which soon led to the amputation of his lower left leg. It was Michael who broke the news that Meghan has plans to go to Australia with Harry for the upcoming event. 

“We talked a lot about Canada last year and how hot it had been for that time of year and how impressed she was at the level of competition,” Mellon told People.

“She told me that she had never been to Australia, but was going to this year’s event and was really looking forward to being there with Harry.”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle hold hands a Wheelchair Tennis match during the Invictus Games 2017 at Nathan Philips Square on September 25, 2017 in Toronto, Canada (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images for the Invictus Games Foundation )

The competition initiated by Harry also has a special connection with Meghan as they made their first public appearance as a couple in September 2017 at the Invictus Games in Toronto. There, they watched a wheelchair tennis match together and held hands.