No rest for the royals: Prince Harry back at work right after returning from honeymoon with Meghan Markle

Harry was spotted in England at Kensington Palace as he was the guest of honor at the OnSide Youth Zones gala dinner.


                            No rest for the royals: Prince Harry back at work right after returning from honeymoon with Meghan Markle

Prince Harry knows that his royal duties and work cannot be left pending. Meghan Markle and Harry tied the knot on May 19 and days after returning from their honeymoon, he is wasting no time in picking up from where he left. On Thursday (June 7) Harry was spotted in England at Kensington Palace as he was the guest of honor at the OnSide Youth Zones gala dinner. Harry looked stunning as he wore a tuxedo and bow tie for the black-tie event. 

Prince Harry spotted for the first time since his return from honeymoon (Twitter)
Prince Harry spotted for the first time since his return from honeymoon (Twitter)

At the same time, Harry was spotted wearing his wedding band. He also made a speech at the fundraising dinner. Meanwhile, Harry recently announced that the Netherlands will be the host of the 2020 Invictus Games. The location of Harry and Meghan's honeymoon had been kept a secret due to safety concerns. Previously, it was reported that the newlyweds had chosen Namibia as the location for their vacation but they quickly changed that when the media got wind about it. 

It was later reported that the couple will not be going to any place that was being reported by the media in order to make sure that the couple got their privacy. Royal expert Omid Scobie, who was ABC News' royal contributor confirmed during the wedding that the pair was striking out every location that has been reported by the media. “The honeymoon destination has changed a few times since they started planning," he told Elle

Harry and Meghan had to change their wedding location multiple times due to safety concerns  (Photo by Dominic Lipinski - Pool/Getty Images)
Harry and Meghan had to change their wedding location multiple times due to safety concerns  (Photo by Dominic Lipinski - Pool/Getty Images)

"If a location leaks prior to travel, it compromises their safety on the trip, and they’ll be advised by their protection team to change plans." It so happens that Prince William and Kate Middleton faced a similar situation when the two got married in 2011.  "William and Kate’s protection officers ended up doing recon on two destinations before they settled on Seychelles for their 2011 honeymoon. I heard that just over a month before the wedding, Harry and Meghan hadn’t even booked a destination, so these plans have come together rather quickly!” he continued. 

Even though the exact place may not be fixed, one thing is for sure and that is Africa being the place where the royal couple could have gone. "Africa has played a huge role in Harry and Meghan’s relationship—it was the place they fell in love, the place they vacationed before the engagement, and even where Harry bought the center diamond for Meghan’s ring," Scobie said at that time. 

"It’s the one side of the world where Harry says he feels like he can be himself. He has laid roots there and has a huge amount of love and respect for the African continent. The couple has been keen to explore other countries in Africa, and I’m certain we will see them do that on this honeymoon," he continued. Even though we do not where Prince Harry and Meghan went on their honeymoon, looking at Harry beaming with happiness it is certain that the two enjoyed their privacy.