Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's private wedding photos leaked after official photographer Alexi Lubomirski gets hacked
Behind-the-scenes pictures from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding have appeared on Instagram and Twitter after the hackers allegedly targeted the official photographer and leaked the pictures
Hundreds of photos from the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle that took place in May last year have been stolen after photographer Alexi Lubomirski's computer was hacked. Behind-the-scenes pictures from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding have appeared on Instagram and Twitter after the hackers allegedly targeted the official wedding photographer and leaked the pictures.
According to a report in The Sun, a royal source said: "Security was compromised. Pictures were hacked then leaked."
Officials have reportedly launched an immediate investigation to avoid any more pictures from being shared on social media. Private black-and-white snaps tagged "preview" had started surfacing on social media in the past few days.
Lubomirski, the official photographer for the royal couple’s big day, was alerted that his pictures were stolen. The 43-year-old is a fashion and celebrity photographer who also took the couple’s engagement pictures in December 2017. At that time, he had said that taking the pictures was an "incredible honor".
One of the leaked pictures is said to be showing Prince Harry hugging Markle with his eyes closed, while the Duchess can be seen beaming for the camera.
When announced as the Royal couple's photographer, Lubomirski said: "I could not be more thrilled or honored to photograph this historic occasion." "Having taken Prince Harry and Ms Markle’s engagement photos, it brings me such joy to be able to witness again, the next chapter in this wonderful love story," he added.
Only three official wedding photos were released after the event.
It is not known who is behind the leak. The hackers are understood to have struck last September, with Lubomirski’s pictures only emerging on Twitter and Instagram this month.
The news comes as Meghan is expected to make her first public appearance since introducing her son Archie to the world at Trooping the Colour in London on June 8. The Duchess is expected to take a break from her maternity leave to attend the event which will mark the Queen’s official birthday.