Prince Andrew scandal may force Princess Beatrice to have a low-key marriage in a 'secluded castle or overseas'

Beatrice’s much-anticipated big fat wedding next year to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi has come under the cloud amid the controversy surrounding her father's friendship with Jeffrey Epstein

Prince Andrew scandal may force Princess Beatrice to have a low-key marriage in a 'secluded castle or overseas'
Prince Andrew and Princess Beatrice (Source: Getty Images)
ADVERTISEMENT

After Prince Andrew kissed goodbye to his £249,000 ($3,22,600) royal allowance, royal sources said that his daughter, Princess Beatrice might end up having a much low-key wedding than her sister Prince Eugenie had. 

Royal insiders told the Mirror that a cloud of uncertainty hangs over the future of Beatrice’s much-anticipated big fat wedding next year to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, after her father incurred the wrath of Queen Elizabeth II by spilling the beans on his relationship with the late pedophile billionaire Jeffrey Epstein. 

Royal biographer Christopher Warwick said that there was a huge possibility that Beatrice might have to tie the knot in a secluded castle or overseas, although nothing has been officially announced about her big day next year. As he was forced to bow out of his public duties as the Duke of York, Andrew, who was previously touted as the queen's "favorite" child, apologized to his mother for bringing shame to the Royal family. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi attend the Portrait Gala at National Portrait Gallery on March 12, 2019 in London, England. (Getty Images)

After giving an interview to BBC on Saturday that didn't really help his cause, Andrew admitted in a statement that his friendship with Epstein had become a “major disruption” to the royal family.

A senior Palace source said that following his apology to his mother, the Duke had vowed to “not return to public life until the Epstein case is closed or he has cleared his name” which "could be a considerable amount of time."

Andrew's elder broker, Prince Charles was consulted on the decision and he agreed that it was the correct path to take, given the controversies surrounding Andrew's current reputation in the media. 

From now on, Andrew will have to rely on handouts from the Queen from her Duchy of Lancaster fund which made £21 million in profits last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, Princess Beatrice, Princess Anne, Princess Royal, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex during Trooping The Colour, the Queen's annual birthday parade, on June 08, 2019 in London, England. (Getty Images)

The Buckingham Palace released the following statement regarding the Duke's exit from public life, written from his perspective: “The circumstances relating to my former association with Jeffrey Epstein has become a major disruption to my family’s work and the valuable work going in the organizations and charities I am proud to support. Therefore, I have asked Her Majesty if I may step back from public duties for the foreseeable future, and she has given her permission.

"I continue to unequivocally regret my ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein. His suicide has left many unanswered questions, particularly for his victims, and I deeply sympathize with everyone who has been affected and wants some form of closure. I can only hope that, in time, they will be able to rebuild their lives. Of course, I am willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this article: Prince Andrew scandal may force Princess Beatrice to have a low-key marriage in a 'secluded castle or overseas'