Mother hospitalized after her daughter's pet chihuahua DEFECATES in her mouth during afternoon nap

Mother hospitalized after her daughter's pet chihuahua DEFECATES  in her mouth during afternoon nap
(Representational Image: Ghetea Florin/EyeEm/Getty Images)

BRISTOL, ENGLAND: A woman is "on the mend" following a disturbing ordeal that saw her daughter's dog accidentally defecate on her face while she was asleep, and left her hospitalized with an infection.

The 51-year-old Amanda Gommo, from Bristol, was reportedly taking an afternoon nap with a chihuahua named Belle when the pup had an episode of violent diarrhea. The mother-of-three said she was sleeping with her mouth open when the accident took place, and some apparently got in her mouth. She immediately ran to the bathroom to clean herself but eventually ended up in a hospital with a gastrointestinal infection.



First case of human-to-pet transmission of monkeypox detected after dog contracts virus from gay couple

Can you get UTI from your pets? 'Buckhead Shore' star Chelsea claims dog infected her


"I was having my afternoon nap with Belle like I always do when I suddenly felt something squirt in my mouth," Amanda said, as quoted by the Daily Mirror. "I rushed to the bathroom and my son was in the shower, so before I washed it out I had time to take a quick snap! It was disgusting, and I was hurling violently for hours after - I just couldn't get the taste out of my mouth."


She said her daughter took Belle to the vet, who diagnosed the pup with a stomach bug and placed her on antibiotics. Later that day, however, Amanda started experiencing the same symptoms as the canine and so she called 111 for medical help. Responding paramedics prescribed her painkillers for her stomach cramps and told her to drink lots of water in order to flush out any potential infection. But her symptoms continued to worsen and the cramps had spread all over her body 48 hours later.


Amanda's mother then called an ambulance and she was transported to Bristol Royal Infirmary and immediately placed on a drip. Doctors then diagnosed her with a gastrointestinal infection that had been passed through Belle's feces into her mouth. She was kept under observation for three days as medics rehydrated her with electrolytes that she'd lost throughout the ordeal. "From the moment I got ill to when I was put on the drip, I couldn't eat a thing," Amanda, who reportedly also suffers from Crohn's Disease, explained. "The cramps got worse and worse until I could feel them all over my body - even in my legs. They sent an ambulance the second time, and I was so dehydrated from being sick and having diarrhea that my kidneys had shriveled to half their size."



The Big Apple’s rotting: How woke Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg's giving career criminals free reign in NYC

All the HGTV shows premiering in October 2022: From 'HGTV Urban Oasis' to 'Rehab Addict'


"I was kept in hospital for three days until they'd flushed the infection out through a drip," she continued. "My discharge note said that I'd suffered a gastrointestinal infection caused by a dog defecating in my mouth — something doctors had never witnessed before."

Amanda is since feeling better and has forgiven her pooch. "I've been drinking two Lucozades a day, plenty of tea, and loads of water since it happened, and I'm happy to say both me and Belle are on the mend," she said, adding, "I've forgiven Belle for her little accident and I still love her with all my heart, but I will definitely be more mindful of what position we sleep in in the future!"


Share this article:

 Mother hospitalized DEFECATES nap