Meghan Markle offered voiceover work on 'The Simpsons' after Harry's pitch to Disney boss failed to get her a job
After Harry's pitch to Disney boss about getting his wife, Meghan Markle, a voiceover job in one of their movies failed to get any response from the famous production house, 'The Simpsons' producer has now extended an offer to the Duchess of Sussex.
Al Jean, who is also one of the showrunners of 'The Simpsons' said that Meghan was welcome to do a voiceover role on the show, Mirror has reported. "We've talked about Harry and Meghan," he said. "I hear she wants to do voiceover work, so if they're reading this, give us a call."
Back in January, a video from the 'Lion King' London premiere — which took place in July 2019 and was attended by Harry and Meghan — went viral. It showed Harry speaking at length with the Disney chief Bob Iger about Meghan's apparent "interest" in getting involved in the voiceover industry.
In the very hush-hush conversation, captured on video by a fan, Harry can be seen gesturing to Meghan and telling Iger, "You do know she does voiceovers, right?" A surprized Iger responds: "Ah, I did not know that." Harry smiles and says: "You seem surprised. She's really interested," to which the Disney boss then replies: "We'd love to try. That's a great idea."
A day before the video surfaced, it was reported that Meghan had signed a voiceover deal with The Walt Disney Company in exchange for a donation to Elephants Without Borders, a wildlife charity that works with tracking and protecting the animals from poachers. She was reported to have recorded the voiceover before she, husband Harry and son Archie headed to enjoy their six-week-long Christmas break to Canada in a £10.7 million ($12.5 million) mansion on Vancouver Island, last year.
The premiere from last summer, which was packed with all the big names from the industry, also raised funds for Harry's conservation projects in Africa, especially in raising awareness for the decreasing number of lions in Kenya. Alongside celebrities like Beyonce and Elton John, Harry and Meghan had attended the event in their capacity as senior royals.
Meghan's friends have claimed she wants to try directing as well, as she wishes to keep her ties with the industry, but she is just not ready to have her face on the big screen yet.
The report comes as both Meghan and Harry, are preparing to officially quit the royal family on March 31.
It was speculated by a number of media outlets that the former 'Suits' star would prefer to resume her acting career as the royal couple no longer depend on the sovereign fund to uphold their lifestyle and instead work to become financially independent. Meghan has so far not officially signed any new movies or other entertainment projects.
We had previously reported that Meghan was desperate to play the role of a superhero in a blockbuster film and had told her agents to search for a suitable role. Ever since she expressed a desire to return to the show business, her agent, Nick Collins, has been flooded with offers.
According to a source, "He has said she wants her return to acting to be part of an ensemble cast in something like a superhero film. He's actively seeking such a movie for her. He's saying she is available and open to the best offers. Meghan is planning a series of meetings in Hollywood. The word is out that she's looking for a superhero film, as a voiceover or even on screen."