Meghan Markle snubs Trump again, avoids awkward meeting with the US president during his UK visit citing 6-week break from royal duties
POTUS Donald Trump will be visiting the Buckingham Palace again as the Queen hosts NATO leaders, their partners and delegations at a reception on December 3.
The Queen is hosting the banquet in order to mark the 70th anniversary of the NATO alliance. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization alliance is a military agreement between 29 North American and European countries. They will be gathering together for the celebration in London which will take place next week.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, would normally be expected to attend major events such as this one. However, given that they are on a six-week break from royal duties, the Sussexes will be excused from their duties.
The pair has decided to step back from the royal commitments temporarily as they would like to spend more time with baby Archie. This is the second time that Meghan Markle has avoided meeting Trump, whom she is said to dislike.
When Trump had visited the UK in June, Meghan had skipped out on meeting him as she was still recuperating from giving birth to her son, baby Archie.
Meghan had earlier accused Trump of being "misogynistic" and "divisive" and had also suggested before the 2016 election that she would leave the US if Donald Trump won and became president.
During an interview with The Sun, when told of the comments made by the Duchess of Sussex, Trump said that he was unaware of the comments that Meghan had made. "I didn't know that. What can I say? I didn't know that she was nasty," Trump revealed ahead of his state visit to the UK.
Recently, both the Duke and Duchess of Sussex got candid about their state of mind on the ITV documentary 'Harry & Meghan: An African Journey'.
In the documentary, Meghan revealed that she had attempted to cope by putting on a "stiff upper lip" but the intensity of media interest in her personal life had become too much to take at times.