Lethal Weapon star Clayne Crawford apologizes to cast and crew for his behavior

Clayne Crawford came forward and took the chance to apologize for his actions after various claims questioned his behavior on set.


                            Lethal Weapon star Clayne Crawford apologizes to cast and crew for his behavior
Clayne Crawford (Getty Iages)

'Lethal Weapon' star Clayne Crawford took to Instagram on Tuesday (April 23) to apologize to the cast and crew of the show after various reports suggested that he had not been treating them right. Trying to explain his part of the story, Clayne explained the two instances that were mentioned in different reports. 


For the first incident which occurred in the Fall, Clayne said he “reacted with anger over working conditions that did not feel safe or conducive to good work,” which had been the reason for the director and assistant director to prompt an angry response. The actor went on to add that after he received instructions from Warner Bros. Television, he went on to complete his therapy and even shared a portion of his paycheck with one of the parties involved. 

Meanwhile, according to the actor, the second incident took place this Spring while the production for the first “Lethal Weapon” episode was being shot. For the same episode, Clayne was the director. During this episode, an actor was hit by a piece of shrapnel from a special effect and Clayne admits that he had been at fault. 

 

He was criticized for his behavior on the set (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)

“I take responsibility for the incident because I was in charge of the set,” Crawford said. “I absolutely love, respect, and care for my crew and cast and would never intentionally jeopardize so many jobs.” He added, “I love the process of filmmaking and television. It takes a village, and I am incredibly sorry if my passion for doing good work has ever made anyone feel less than comfortable on set or feel less than celebrated for their efforts. Furthermore, I apologize to all the crew and cast for any negative attention ‘Lethal Weapon’ is receiving because of these incidents.”

This comes after multiple outlets reported that due to Clayne's behavior, the chances of “Lethal Weapon” landing a season-three renewal at Fox were doubtful. Deadline reported that Clayne “had a history of bad behavior on the show,” and that the issue had escalated to the point that it “was threatening the future of the show. The report also said that the producers were planning on replacing Clayne with someone else. 

There were other reports which claimed that the Warner Bros. was planning on dropping Clayne's character from season three and replacing him with a new female character. However, they did not comment on it. However, looking at Clayne's latest apology things might turn out to be different for the show.