Kevin Spacey, Anthony Anderson and Steven Seagal will not be charged for sex crimes: LA District Attorney
The DA declined to file charges against Spacey and Seagal due to the statute of limitations while Anderson's reporting party backed out from the investigation.
Actors Kevin Spacey, Anthony Anderson and Steven Seagal will not be prosecuted for sexual assault, the Los Angeles County District Attorney confirmed on Tuesday. The DA declined to file charges against Spacey and Seagal due to the statute of limitations while Anderson's reporting party backed out from being interviewed by the investigating officer, the prosecutor reportedly said. However, the D.A is yet to look into one more case each involving Seagal and Spacey.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department looked into an allegation that Spacey sexually assaulted a man in October of 1992. The DA felt that the accusations had passed the period of limitation.
The former 'House of Cards' star has been accused by numerous men both in the US and UK of sexual assault.
Earlier in July, a man reportedly approached the Metropolitan Police with the allegations, claiming he was sexually assaulted by the actor in Westminster in 1996.
Back in February, two other men reported incidents that took place previously. One alleges that he was assaulted by Spacey in Lambeth, London in 2008. The other claims the assault took place in Gloucester, outside the capital, in 2013. Reportedly, Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command is involved in all six cases in London.
In the accusations against Seagal, the statute of limitations is said to have expired in 1999 where a woman claimed that he had sexually assaulted her in 1993. The LAPD had also revealed earlier that they were reviewing the several allegations of harassment made against the actor.
The said claims are said to have allegedly occurred in 2005. Two women spoke out publicly on March 19, accusing the actor of sexually assaulting them when they were in their "late teens".
Actresses like Jenny McCarthy, Julianna Margulies, Portia de Rossi and several other women have also accused Seagal of sexual misconduct spanning decades.
Anthony Anderson was accused of sexually assaulting a woman earlier this year. "The reporting party has declined to be interviewed by the investigating officer," a prosecutor wrote. "The interview is a necessary piece of the investigation. The prosecution is declined due to lack of sufficient evidence to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the allegations."