Kate Middleton stuns in skinny jeans as she makes first post-lockdown public appearance... but skips the mask
Kate was at the Fakenham Garden Centre, near her Norfolk home of Anmer Hall, to promote it
Kate Middleton resumed her royal duties after a hiatus due to the coronavirus lockdown and her first stop was a visit to the local garden center.
Kate was at the Fakenham Garden Centre, near her Norfolk home of Anmer Hall, to promote it and wanted to make sure that media focused on the business and not on what she wore for the occasion. The Duchess of Cambridge dressed down in a £175 ($216) gilet, shirt, and jeans. Her light brown hair was tied in a half-updo that led her locks to fall freely, away from her face. Her accessories were limited to a pair of small earrings.
Thursday, June 18, marked the first official engagement of the Duchess since the start of lockdown on March 23. During the trip, she revealed that apart from going "food shopping" in recent weeks with her husband Prince William, she has hardly ventured out of her home where the royal couple is living with their three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis.
She also spoke on how her children had learned the importance of spending time outside and used the time home to learn how to grow tomato plants. Kate told the garden center owners Martin and Jennie Turner that visiting such centers were a delight for her kids. "They love it," she said. "It's such a great space for children and families to come. I've been food shopping but I have to say I haven't been out a huge amount more but it's good and so important, now as things start to ease, people know they can go out and particularly to places like this."
Kate said that she has always encouraged her children as well as other youngsters to spend as much time outdoors as possible as it directly affects one's mental wellbeing. "It's come up in so many different conversations whether it's food, volunteering, and in all the mental health work that we've been doing, about how everyone is benefiting from being outside," she said. "So yes, they've been in lockdown but loads of families have been out on walks, more than they would do, outside."
The Duchess made headlines last month when a 'false' report by the British magazine Tatler, claimed that Kate “feels exhausted and trapped” over larger responsibilities after the Megxit that saw the Duke and Duchess of Sussex move out of the royal family and choose the US as their home.
Speaking to British magazine Tatler, the friend said: “William and Catherine really wanted to be hands-on parents and the Sussexes have effectively thrown their three children under a bus. There goes their morning school runs as the responsibilities on them now are enormous.” Another friend of the Duchess of Cambridge said that Kate has been left fuming over the enormous workload. “Kate is furious about the larger workload. Of course she's smiling and dressing appropriately but she doesn't want this. She’s working as hard as a top CEO, who has to be wheeled out all the time, without the benefits of boundaries and plenty of holidays.”
Kensington Palace issued a rare statement on May 27 regarding the article. "This story contains a swathe of inaccuracies and false misrepresentations which were not put to Kensington Palace prior to publication," a Kensington Palace spokesperson said. Tatler, in response, released a statement saying they got in touch with the palace a month ago. "Tatler's Editor-in-Chief Richard Dennen stands behind the reporting of Anna Pasternak and her sources. Kensington Palace knew we were running the 'Catherine the Great' cover months ago and we asked them to work together on it. The fact they are denying they ever knew is categorically false," a Tatler spokesperson said.