Prince Harry and Meghan Markle found out they were 'uninvited' from state reception through the PRESS!
Sources said only working royals, such as William and Kate Middleton, were allowed to attend the reception which will also be attended by Joe Biden
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle allegedly found out that they had been uninvited from a state reception to be held at Buckingham Palace through press reports. They had reportedly been invited to the event hosted by King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla but they were not informed that the invitation had been canceled, The Daily Mail reported.
Sources revealed that only working royals had been asked to attend along with foreign royals, several world leaders and heads of state. Notable guests to the event on Sunday, September 18, are US President Joe Biden, French President Emmanuel Macron and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
As per Page Six, both Harry and Meghan, who stayed back in the UK for the Queen's funeral "got the invitation and no one has actually told them they are uninvited." Another source claimed, "I'm told they only found out they were uninvited by reading press reports." The duo received the invitation earlier this week.
Nearly 2000 people are expected to attend the royal event ahead of the Queen's funeral on Monday, September 19. The working royals in attendance includes the Prince and Princess of Wales, William and Catherine, the Princess Royal Anne, as well as the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Edward and Sophie.
So far, the Duke and Duchess have not released any official statement regarding the withdrawal of their invitation. This comes after Prince Harry had earlier been prohibited from wearing his military uniform. Following this, he announced he will wear a morning suit to all events of the Queen's funeral. However, he was then allowed to don the full regalia for the Princes Vigil at Westminster Hall on Saturday, September 17 despite being a non-working royal.
Sources also revealed that Charles will very soon issue a Letters Patent to grant the titles of prince and princess to the Sussex children, Archie, 3 and Lilibet, 1. Harry and Meghan were reportedly upset and "furious" over their children not receiving the HRH titles.