Harry SNUBBED Charles and William's dinner invite on night of Queen's death as Meghan wasn't invited
LONDON, ENGLAND: A royal source has claimed that Prince Harry snubbed a dinner invite from King Charles and Prince William at Balmoral after his wife Meghan Markle was barred from joining the family on the day of Queen Elizabeth II's passing.
The 38-year-old Duke of Sussex had reportedly insisted his wife be there on September 8, but Charles apparently told him it was "not appropriate." Harry, who missed an RAF flight to Scotland with William and uncles Andrew and Edward, was later told to make his own travel arrangements and landed at Aberdeen without Meghan at 6.35 pm local time, just minutes after the Queen's death was announced. After being driven to Balmoral about 90 minutes later, he purportedly declined dinner at Birkhall with the new king, Queen Consort Camilla, and William. Instead, the grieving prince mourned with Edward and Sophie Wessex and Andrew at Balmoral Castle.
“Harry was so busy trying to get Meghan to Balmoral and rowing with his family that he missed the flight," a source told The Sun, "Charles has an open invitation for Harry to dine with him whenever he is in the country. But Harry was so furious that he refused to eat with his father and brother." The insider added, “It was a massive snub. And he got out of Balmoral at the earliest opportunity to catch the first commercial flight back to London.”
The following morning Harry was driven to a British Airways jet that took off for Heathrow at 9.45 am. He was then reunited with his wife at Frogmore Cottage, Windsor. The Sun reported that William, despite the dinner snub, invited Harry and Meghan to walk with him and Kate to see flowers at Windsor Castle on September 10.
On the other hand, another royal source told Page Six that there was no dinner snub as Charles and William had already left for the monarch's home when Harry arrived at Balmoral Castle on September 8. The insider said they were not at Balmoral for dinner at all.
Despite the conflicting claims, Harry and Meghan faced a series of hurdles during their time paying tribute to the Queen in the UK. Aside from icy interactions with the Prince and Princess of Wales, the pair was uninvited from a state reception for world leaders and foreign leaders last Friday, September 16. And despite having served 10 years in the military, Harry was also initially barred from wearing his military uniform to his grandmother's funeral. However, King Charles eventually allowed Harry to wear the uniform to the vigil as a mark of respect to the late sovereign.
Harry was stripped of his military titles and patronages after he and Meghan stepped down as working royals last year. Relieving themselves of any royal obligations, the Sussexes relocated to Montecito, California. The couple -- who share son Archie, 3, and daughter Lilibet, 1 -- flew home to the US on Tuesday, September 20, shortly after the Queen was laid to rest.