Former WWE legend Ric Flair hospitalized, expected to make a full recovery from surgery

'Nature Boy' Ric Flair is a heavyweight champion who has wrestled for WWE, WCW and NWA. He had even made a miraculous recovery two years ago after he was placed on life support and in a medically-induced coma for 10 days following a medical emergency.

                            Former WWE legend Ric Flair hospitalized, expected to make a full recovery from surgery

Wrestling legend Ric Flair has been hospitalized. 'Nature Boy' Flair was taken to the hospital on Thursday but the seriousness of the problem is yet to be revealed. TMZ had initially reported that he was "rushed to a hospital ... after suffering a medical emergency" but his family members have since then responded to the report and have said that he was indeed taken to the hospital but is expected to make a full recovery. 

Wrestler Ric Flair is a 16-time world heavyweight champion(Photo by John E. Sokolowski/Getty Images)

The 70-year-old star's wife, Wendy Barlow said in a statement, "Due to ongoing health complications, Ric was taken to the hospital and is expected to undergo a procedure tomorrow morning, after which he expects to fully recover," she said in a statement.

Conrad Thompson, Flair's son-in-law also shared news of the wrestler's health after the initial report on TMZ.  "This is not a last-minute surprise surgery to family [members]. I knew that he was going to be having a procedure done today, " he said in a statement. "I don't think it's nearly as grave or serious as TMZ would have us believe because Ric is in good spirits about it, knew it was happening," Thompson explained. "[He could have chosen] to have it done now or after [attending Starrcast, a wrestling convention in Las] Vegas and decided to go ahead and get it done now because he thought he would be feeling good and wanted to get this done beforehand."

Flair, who is a heavyweight champion and has wrestled for WWE, WCW and NWA went into a medically induced coma two years ago that lasted for about 10 days. He was diagnosed with early stages of kidney failure and congestive heart failure. He was fitted with a pacemaker and at the time, the doctors said that he only had a twenty percent chance of survival. 

While in recovery, Flair had even shared a Twitter post with fans showing him donning a black-and-white T-shirt that read, "I ain't dead yet motherf---ers." He later told People it was the most harrowing experience of his life. "I crashed in an airplane and broke my back, I've been hit by lightning, but this is totally different," he said.

If you have an entertainment scoop or a story for us, please reach out to us on (323) 421-7515.