Princes William and Harry to walk side-by-side behind Queen’s coffin sparking heartbreaking memories of Diana's funeral
Detailed arrangements are currently being crafted for the beloved late monarch's state funeral, which Buckingham Palace has now confirmed will be held on September 19
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: Prince William and Harry will reportedly walk side by side behind the Queen’s coffin. Previously, in a show of unity, the warring brothers made a rare joint appearance with their wives outside Windsor Castle on Saturday, September 10.
According to The Sun, palace planners are putting finishing touches on arrangements for two royal family processions behind the Queen’s coffin in London. William and Harry, along with Kate and Meghan, had inspected the floral tributes left by the royal well-wishers to honor Queen Elizabeth II.
The reunion of the brothers reportedly came after the newly-crowned King Charles III ordered his sons to keep their feud aside and reunite for the sake of their late grandmother.
It remains unclear whether the brothers will reunite again for the procession. Earlier, on account of Prince Phillip's funeral 17 months ago, the brothers followed the cortege but were separated by cousin Peter Phillips.
Meanwhile, the outlet reported that the Sussexes had minutes to get ready for the flower visit on Saturday, September 10. A source said, “we are certainly not in the same place as Philip’s funeral when William and Harry didn’t walk side by side. Things haven’t changed but it is not as intense and they can co-exist."
The source also added, “but the flower visit really doesn’t change anything. It is the same situation as at Prince Philip’s funeral when William and Harry put their differences aside and supported each other and their families in that moment.”
King Charles will lead a family procession on Wednesday, September 14, behind the coffin from Buckingham Palace, starting at 2.22 pm, to the Palace of Westminster. Furthermore, as per the outlet, details of the second royal family procession to Westminster Abbey for the September 19 funeral are yet to be finalised.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who were in the UK for three charity events in Manchester, Düsseldorf, and London, were due to travel back to California on Friday, September 9 but plans were changed when the Queen died on Thursday, September 8.
Sources at The Sun claim that the couple immediately agreed to accept William’s olive branch to Harry after a chat with the King. Despite all of them coming together to greet the crowds, the two families have not been to each others’ houses.
Prince William and Kate have recently moved into Adelaide Cottage, along with their three children. Their house is a short walk from Frogmore Cottage where Harry and Meghan are staying.
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said details of the procession on September 14 and September 19 will be released closer to the time.