'Bachelor' star Amanda Stanton defends driving to Arizona to get hair done after major backlash
The 30-year-old Bachelor Nation alum landed herself in hot water just moments after revealing on social media that she had crossed states to get her hair cut amid the COVID-19 outbreak
'Bachelor' star Amanda Stanton has defended herself after receiving major backlash from fans for driving all the way from California to Arizona just to get her hair done. Addressing her followers on Instagram, she said she has been "making responsible choices" amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The 30-year-old Bachelor Nation alum landed herself in hot water just moments after revealing on social media that she had crossed states to get her hair cut amid the COVID-19 outbreak, HollywoodLife reported. Stanton was initially ecstatic and shared how she felt "like a new person" after having her hair done on May 18, Monday. She took to her Instagram Story to flaunt her long blonde locks and dark roots to her fans. However, she wasn't expecting the outrage she received from her followers moments after.
“I’ve been very strict with staying home since 3/14,” the mother-of-two shared in response to the public outrage, explaining that she had been diligently self-isolating with her family for two months before ultimately deciding to drive down to Arizona with her daughters.
“I hadn’t had my hair done since January and my hairstylist, who I have been going to for years, JUST opened her salon. I thought I’d rather go when she JUST opened than later when more people had been there,” she said. “There were only a few people in the salon today and I knew every single person in there very well and trusted them.”
According to the former Bachelor contestant, she and her daughters had been tested for the deadly contagion before they left and found they "were negative." Amanda also claimed she and her daughters did not stop anywhere on their drive except once to fill gas in Orange County.
"Some might think this is going to great lengths to get my hair done, but honestly, I have nothing else to do and isolating for a couple of weeks when I get home was something I was willing to do," she continued. "To each their own! I'm confident that I've been making responsible choices during this time and I'm proud of myself," she asserted.
Amanda finally shared with her fans that she had nothing "to hide" regarding her original post which saw her show off her new haircut. “I choose to be honest with you guys when I could choose not to be. I’ve seen so many people traveling by plane, hanging out in groups, etc and doing much worse and not receiving ANY hate,” she added, before concluding her statement. “I feel really good about doing my part during this pandemic. That’s all!”
Amanda Stanton first appeared on the 20th season of 'The Bachelor' next to Ben Higgins.
While the mother of two was eliminated by week eight, she continued to make special appearances on Bachelor's adjacent franchises. During her appearance on the third season of 'Bachelor in Paradise', she accepted the proposal of Josh Murray. However, the pair would soon split up with Amanda regretting why she didn't end things sooner considering the several "red flags" she noted throughout their roller-coaster relationship.
Stanton now spends most of her time sharing photos on her Instagram with daughters Charlie and Kinsley.
On Monday, California Governor Gavin Newsom announced an ease in requirements for reopening businesses, suggesting that salons may be allowed to open in some parts of the state next month, the Los Angeles Times reported.