Kaysie Anne Arancibia: Virginia girl, 9, dies along with grandmother and pet dog in horrific house fire
'She was a happy kid, who had a whole future ahead of her,' said Kaysie's father, Maurcio Arancibia
FAIRFAX COUNTY, VIRGINIA: A deadly house fire that reportedly erupted on early Tuesday morning, September 6, took the lives of a nine-year-old girl, her grandmother and the family dog. The child named Kaysie Anne Arancibia, who was a student at Sleepy Hollow Elementary School, was taken to the hospital after the incident but could not be saved as she succumbed to her injuries caused due to the flames.
The pet dog also died while the 67-year-old grandmother, Patricia Stoderl, breathed her last on early Wednesday morning, September 7. The tragedy has devastated the victims’ surviving family members. Kaysie’s grieving father, Maurcio Arancibia, told the local news channel WUSA9 News that his soul was "broken" and his heart was "in a million pieces.
Speaking to WUSA9, he said, “She was a 9-year-old happy kid, had a whole future ahead of her. She always used to smile and be playful and it was just a big tragedy what happened. My soul is broken, my heart is in a million pieces. But her memory is always just embedded in my heart.”
On the day of the horrific accident, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department shared about the fire on its Facebook page. The statement read, “This morning (9/6) at 1:44am units responded to reports of a fire in a single family home in the 6600 blk of Barrett Road in the Falls Church area. First on scene units observed heavy fire coming from the back of the home. Two occupants and one dog were removed from the home by firefighters.”
It also mentioned the little girl and the dog’s death before noting, “Fire investigators remain on scene conducting their investigation.” In an update, the department later added, “The second occupant from today’s house fire in the 6600 block of Barrett Road has died. The victim has been identified as Patricia Stoderl, 67, of Falls Church.”
The posts attracted a lot of comments and prayers for the affected family. A user wrote, “Prayers rising for the family and friends of these victims . Thanking all of our First Responders for their service.” The second one said, “Prayers for the family in this tragic loss. Thank you FCFRD for your service to our residents and county, you guys/gals are the BEST!!”
A concerned person commented: “This is a tragedy that is becoming all too familiar in this neighborhood. Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department, please update us on the source of the fire when it is known. This is the 4th fire since 2012 in our very small community. The homes are nearly identical except for renovations. If there is an issue with the aging electrical systems in the homes, the community should be informed. Thank you for your continued service to keep our neighborhood safe.” “Prayers to the family that lost their love ones tonight,” another one added.
Meanwhile, a GoFundMe has been launched by Missy Carine, a friend of Kaysie’s mother Crystal, to help raise funds for memorial services for the deceased. The message on the campaign says, “I am making this Gofundme page to get help with a memorial service for my friend Crystal Stoderls mother and daughter. Crystal lost her mother and little girl today. Kaysie was a 9 year old fun, energetic, funny, smart little girl who passed away way too soon.
“Crystal's mom Tricia was a loving wife, mother, and grandmother. Who always put others needs before her own. Any donations will be appreciated and used to remember the life of Tricia and Kaysie.” Besides, people were seen placing flowers, candles, stuffed toys, and pictures in remembrance of Kaysie outside her home.