Wrestling fans put at HIV and hepatitis C risk after blood-soaked show where wrestlers were thrown through glass panes

Tom Harris, an officer at the Floyd County Health Department revealed that the event was brought to their attention after someone who attended the event filed a complaint


                            Wrestling fans put at HIV and hepatitis C risk after blood-soaked show where wrestlers were thrown through glass panes

An entertaining and crazy wrestling event turned sour for the fans in attendance after health officials said that they may have been exposed to blood or bodily fluids, which could have put them at risk of contracting HIV or hepatitis C. The 'Welcome to the Wreckroom' event, which was held in New Albany by Pro-Wrestling Trainwreck, shows a shocking video, in which a wrestler was thrown through a pane of glass which then shatters all over. Another one shows an opponent crashing headfirst into a cart filled with light bulbs. 

One person had to be hospitalized and required stitches following the adults-only event, which depicted "live extreme wrestling." According to Daily Mail, the Floyd County Health Department has claimed that wrestling is currently not regulated at the 'Welcome to the Wreckroom' event and that the people who attended Sunday's event would need to get tested for HIV and Hepatitis C due to possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens.

Anyone who may have been exposed is encouraged to contact the Floyd County Health Department at 812-948-4726 or visit the department at 1917 Bono Road in New Albany to be tested for HIV and hepatitis C, according to the health department.

You can watch a clip of the wrestling match being talked about here. 

Tom Harris, an officer at the Floyd County Health Department revealed that the event was brought to their attention after someone who attended the event sent in a complaint. It is "a risk for all concerned," he said, while the departments administrator said, "We were told, and from pictures from Facebook and information that's been shared with us, there was a lot of glass breaking, thumbtacks that cut the individuals, so there were a lot of cuts from scrapes."

Meanwhile, the event's co-promoter John Glenn said that all wrestlers are "tested regularly" for the "safety of the people who come to our shows and for the guys in the ring as well." 

Shawn Bostock, who watched the videos multiple times oversaw his 20-year-old son, Dakota, diving into the shopping cart of light bulbs. Without adequate medical staff on site, Bostock said Dakota was taken to the ER where he received five internal stitches and 40 staples. He told Wave 3, "I was in total disbelief, total shock that this is happening... I want my son to excel, but I don’t want my son to die in the process." 

In a statement given by Trainwreck to Wave 3 the company has been quoted as saying that there have been no confirmed cases of HIV or Hepatitis C and that the health department is just being careful. “We take precautions to ensure the safety of our performers and fans," the company said in a statement.

"Both understand the risk involved with attending not just our event but any other event, as well. Professional wrestlers can land on fans or make a mistake executing a simple move. This isn’t chess, our fans and performers understand that.”

If you have a news scoop or an interesting story for us, please reach out at (323) 421-7514