Tourist in Bali's practical joke goes horribly wrong as Internet can't believe he did THAT!
Hundreds of seasoned Bali visitors commented, with some sympathizing and others mocking Isaac Power for his "rookie error"
BALI, INDONESIA: A young Australian tourist's social media post turned into a disaster after he posted a photo of himself drinking pool water, only to be taken to the hospital shortly afterward. On Tuesday, August 16, Isaac Power of Brisbane was relaxing in a Bali pool while on vacation when he captured an image of a statue holding a hose spraying water into his mouth.
Power shared a photo of him in the pool and drinking water from a statue during a prank on a Facebook page called Bali Bogans. However, in another photo, he is seen in a hospital receiving medical treatment. ''Shout-out [to] doctor Ari, he's still alive,'' Power wrote on his post. Hundreds of seasoned Bali visitors commented, with some sympathizing and others mocking Power for his "rookie error" of drinking from his resort pool.
''OMG you drank that haha,'' said a user. ''I guess we all go through it: good old Bali belly it's definitely an experience that's for sure.''' 'Must be a first time rookie, drinking that Bali water,'' said a Perth man. After drinking pool water in Bali, an Adelaide mother said her son became ''violently ill for days.'' ''It was sad to watch'', said another user. "The doctor said bacteria from the pool had done it and so many at our hotel had ear infections. A few days later our pool was green, the pump had stopped working properly'', wrote one.
Before providing advice, another Victorian asked if Mr Power was a "first timer" in Bali. ''No. 1 rule: don't drink the water. No. 2 rule: see rule No. 1,'' he wrote. ''Never open your mouth to their water, even brushing teeth use bottle water,'' a young Australian miner clarified. ''All fun and games until you s*** yourself! Poor bastard'', said a woman from Perth. Several commenters debated whether drinking pool water or tap water in Bali was worse. ''First rule grasshopper- don't drink the tap water!''. ''Pool waters ok though right?'' a Kiwi man joked. A Sydney resident said it makes no difference. ''Every drop of water is on fire!''.
Last month in a bizarre incident a 33-year-old Australian tourist was arrested after he was found riding in a moped in a historical place in Pompeii in Rome, Italy. He was moving across the ancient ruins on a moped for about a mile. The Aussie tourist was arrested for his moped drive through the 2,000-year-old grounds of the site. The Australian tourist was apprehended by security after traveling in the vehicle for a long time. However later on, the investigation team confirmed, that the Australian tourist had not made any major damage to the world's largest archaeological park.