What is Ryan Tannehill's net worth? Titans QB says NFL 'forced his hands' to get vaccinated

Nearly 85% of NFL players have reportedly received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. However, the remaining 15 percent have strongly objected to getting the jab


                            What is Ryan Tannehill's net worth? Titans QB says NFL 'forced his hands' to get vaccinated
Ryan Tannehill #17 of the Tennessee Titans smiles during a timeout in the second half of the 2020 NFL Pro Bowl at Camping World Stadium on January 26, 2020, in Orlando, Florida (Photo by Mark Brown/Getty Images)

Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill has admitted he gave in to the NFL pressure to get vaccinated even as as several league stars have expressed hesitancy to get the jab.

Nearly 85% of NFL players have reportedly received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. However, the remaining 15 percent have strongly objected to getting the jab. Earlier this month, MEAWW reported how Cardinals star DeAndre Hopkins might quit NFL over Covid-19 vaccine rules. Several other NFL players have protested the guidelines, including Panthers QB Sam Darnold and Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott.

RELATED ARTICLES

Tom Brady's dad shames him for not wearing a mask at Super Bowl, Internet says 'he thinks he's immune to rules'

Will Joe Biden make the Covid vaccine mandatory? POTUS may start with Fed staff: Report

“I’m currently in the process right now [of being vaccinated],” Tannehill told reporters at the Titans' training camp on Wednesday. “The NFL has kind of made it clear what they want to happen. If you don’t fall in line, they’re gonna make your life miserable with all the protocols.”

According to Mediate, those who refuse the jab will be forced under NFL protocols to wear masks, face travel restrictions, and potentially be forced to forfeit a game and paycheck should an outbreak occur among unvaccinated athletes.

“I wouldn’t have gotten the vaccine, without the protocols that they’re enforcing on us,” Tannehill added. “I think it’s a personal decision for everyone, everyone has to make the best decision for them and their families. That’s kind of our mindset in this building. But they’re trying to force your hand and they ultimately have forced a lot of hands by the protocols.”

Quarterback Ryan Tannehill #17 of the Tennessee Titans throws a touchdown pass to A.J. Brown #11 in the first quarter against the Houston Texans at Nissan Stadium on October 18, 2020, in Nashville, Tennessee. (Photo by Frederick Breedon/Getty Images)

It's worth noting that 90 percent of the Tennessee Titans have already received at least one dose of the vaccine, and are trending above the league in being inoculated. meanwhile, other clubs such as the Washington Football Team have struggled to reach 50 percent

“It is what it is,” Tannehill continued. “I love this game, I love this team. I want to be able to compete and do the things I think are important to build chemistry and win football games. Ultimately that forced my hand into getting the vaccine.”

What is Ryan Tannehill's net worth?

Born in Lubbock, Texas in July 1988, Tannehill is best known for being the star QB for the Miami Dolphins and the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League. His net worth is estimated at $50 million, according to CelebrityNetWorth.

Tannehill attended Big Spring High School and aced football, basketball, and track events as a student, earning second-team district 4-4A honors. He played college football at Texas A&M and made wide receiver after redshirting his first season. In 2009, he earned All-Big 12 Honorable Mention honors for his performance at wide receiver at the university. However, he only became a quarterback for A&M in 2011.

Ryan Tannehill #17 of the Texas A&M Aggies leads his team onto the field prior to a game against the Texas Longhorns at Kyle Field on November 24, 2011, in College Station, Texas. (Photo by Darren Carroll/Getty Images)

In July 2012, Tannehill signed a four-year deal with Miami Dolphins for $12.684 million, becoming the 8th draft pick. Starting as a quarterback for the team in the 2012, 2013, and 2014 seasons, he holds the franchise's records for most passing yards in a rookie season, most passing completions in a rookie season, most passing attempts in a rookie season, longest rush by a quarterback, and longest rush by a rookie quarterback.

Ryan Tannehill #17 of the Miami Dolphins looks to throw during the second half of the game against the New York Giants at Sun Life Stadium on December 14, 2015, in Miami Gardens, Florida. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)

In March 2020, Tannehill signed a 4-year $118 million deal with the Tennessee Titans. The deal, worth $29.5 million annually, includes $62 million guaranteed and $91 million in total guarantees. Between June 2017 and June 2018, Ryan Tannehill earned $35 million in salary and endorsements.

Ryan began dating his future wife Lauren Ufer while still in college. The pair tied the knot in 2012.

For more information and statistics on the coronavirus pandemic, click on the Newsbreak tracker here