About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

Oregon man viciously tortured daughter, 5, by tying her up with zip ties, placing shock dog collar on her

During interrogation, 30-year-old Javon Markquez Ingram asked the cops, 'So what am I being charged with, torture?'
Representational picture, Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
Representational picture, Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)

If you or someone you know may be the victim of child abuse, please contact the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-4-A-Child (1-800-422-4453) or contact their live chat services.

PORTLAND, OREGON: A man, who reportedly put his five-year-old daughter in an electric-shock dog collar and zip-tied her, has admitted to torturing the child. The emaciated child was taken by ambulance to the Randall Children's hospital in November 2021 by her father, 30-year-old Javon Markquez Ingram, where her condition was discovered. According to an affidavit acquired by The Oregonian, her father was confused if she was "suffering from seizures or throwing a fit."

However, the child's official diagnosis showed that she was suffering from "torture," according to court documents. The girl's ribs and spinal bones were exposed, and physicians discovered open sores around her lips. She barely weighed 29.5lbs.


The murder of little Lillian and Ronnie Marter: Man kills toddlers and himself after scuffle with mom

The Evil in Jessica Trefethen: Mother viciously abuses and kills son, 3, tries to blame his sister and dog

According to reports, her ankles were "completely broken down," and her hands and feet were swollen. As per the affidavit, doctors concluded that she must have been "tied up," as reported in The Sun. Her body had "lasting and prominent scars" all over it. She also reportedly had marks around her eyes, from being blindfolded, and on the side of her lips from being gagged.

Several zip ties, duct tape and a shock dog collar were discovered by police when they searched Ingram's house in November. The child reportedly told authorities that her father would tie her up with duct tape and zip ties from Dollar Stores.

According to court records, Ingram would tie the child to a door, leave her in a bathroom or a barn or restricted her to a high chair. She never attended school, never received medical attention, never learned how to use the bathroom and only received blended food to eat. The girl reportedly said that if she urinated or defecated, her father would hit her with a belt.

According to the affidavit, Ingram first claimed that his daughter's injuries were the result of self-harm. He eventually acknowledged to "smacking" the girl in the mouth for shouting in his face and trying to keep her quiet by shoving a sock in her mouth. 

“I’ve done some horrible things in these pictures,” he said as he looked at photos of his daughter’s injuries, according to the court documents. “I know what I did was f****d up,” he added, according to The Sun. Ingram reportedly wrote a confession at the end of his interrogation, that read, “I Javon Ingram did tie, bound, and zip tie and hold you in place to calm and have you in a controlled state." He proceeded to ask the police, “So what am I being charged with, torture?”

Ingram has been charged with 24 counts of first-degree criminal abuse, three instances of first-degree assault, and nine counts of third-degree assault. Police also discovered pictures and videos of the child being punished by being made to do laps around their house with her hands tied behind her back on Ingram's phone. Additionally, the child was reportedly assaulted by Larissa Danielle Ducan, 45, whom Ingram claimed was his mother despite the fact that they were unrelated. According to Ingram, the girl was placed in his care when she was two. The girl's mother had a meth problem, according to court records.

From January 2019 till November 2021, Ingram and Ducan reportedly abused the child the daughter, depriving her of required medical care, according to authorities. Ingram has filed a plea of innocence, and he was being detained without bond. A probable cause affidavit stated that the girl was currently living with her grandmother.